You are here
General Manager - Facilities Service Provider
- Exciting opportunity to join a stable and expanding contract.
- Soft service knowledge a must.
About Our Client
The client is a leading service provider operating on a UK wide basis with the contract in question secured for an extended period. On this particular contract the Soft Services include Catering, Cleaning, Portering and Retail.
The General Manager will need to manage and develop all services ensuring continuity throughout the Soft FM Services within agreed financial parameters, operating procedures and all legislative requirements covering both operational and personnel training requirements to meet and exceed performance targets.
- To be committed to managing and provide direction, guidance and support regarding the provision of all elements of the soft services to all staff under the position's control, ensuring they are able to carry out their roles efficiently and effectively.
- To create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships with staff working within the control of the position, other staff within the Trust/Company, the Client and individuals in the external environment.
- To manage and evaluate objectives and targets for the Contract and produce a Business Plan to ensure all current requirements are met and the business developed. This will involve setting individual and overall objectives and targets for the contract and team.
- Attend all necessary meetings as required for all services under your control.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal General Manager will have the following:
- Management Degree or Higher Level Diploma and skill based qualifications
- Previous experience in managing a service contract
- Sound knowledge of equipment and Health and Safety
- Previous experience in labour management
- Previous experience in financial accounting
- Experience of working with Trade Unions
- Good level of organisational skills
- Proven ability to manage, lead, and motivate a team of people
- Good communication skills with the ability to interface with people at all levels
- Ability to react quickly to difficult situations
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Able to use own initiative and capable of independent action
- Good Problem solver
- A high level focus on the achievement of targeted results
- A high level of flexibility and a positive attitude to innovation and change
- Commitment to the ongoing success of the business
- Extremely self-motivated
What's on Offer
£60000-£80000 package plus benefits