You are here
General Manager - Swindon
FMCG - Distribution
About Our Client
A Large FMCG business in the Swindon Region are looking for General Manager based within the Logistics distribution and supply chain sector.
* To be responsible for the strategic development and the delivery of service and operational excellence for your customer base, exceed expectations to support growth and on-going relationships
* With a continuous improvement philosophy, seek opportunities to grow our service offering with existing & new customers within the Logistics, distribution and supply chain.
* Develop and enhance customer relationships at a senior level by demonstrating ability to add value to their business
* Identify and pursue operational development possibilities
* To continually review, evaluate and develop the effectiveness of the contract's performance
* To establish and continue the development of strong two-way relationships with the customer
* Responsible for the P&L for the site
* Ensure that processes exist through which relationships with recognised Trade Union and/or employee representatives are managed to ensure that annual negotiations are achieved within budget levels and that day to day working relationship remains positive and harmonious
* Responsible for the management, motivation and development of the site teams, ensuring and maintaining open communication on a day to day basis
The Successful Applicant
- The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in a similar environment, ideally from a Food / FMCG / Retail Operational, Warehousing and Distribution environment.
- You are a strong leader with demonstrable experience in Distribution Operations and are Commercially aware.
- You can demonstrate previous budget & P&L responsibility.
- You have an appreciation and understanding of Lean / Six Sigma / 5S operations
- Ideally you are CPC qualified and can also demonstrate a proven track record of coaching and nurturing talent alongside developing a focused work culture / environment.
- Being a strong communicator is essential as you will approach pressure situations in a calm, measured and consistent manner.
- You have a friendly, flexible and approachable demeanour as you lead by example in this focused and driven distribution environment.
What's on Offer
A salary of c£70,000 - £90,000 + Company Car/ PHC/ Pension/ Bonus will be available for the successful General Manager