You are here
- General Manager
- Multi-site materials processing manufacturer
About Our Client
- Process more than 500,000 tonnes of waste and material through their recycling facilities each year
- More than 95% is recycled and recovered – taking the commodity out of waste
- Successfully locate and secure markets for over 200,000 tonnes of recycled products
- Continue to invest in new recycling and recovering technologies
- Partner with customers to provide cost and carbon savings from sustainable waste management and achieve long term mutual benefit
The General Manager will be vital in driving world class manufacturing techniques and also integral in up-skilling the workforce across the business function areas. The successful individual will be highly driven to succeed with natural gravitas to engage and motivate people and possess a passion to achieve strong annual operations profits, improve labour productivity, and embed a continuous improvement culture throughout the business.
The General Manager will report directly into the Managing Director and hold up to six direct reports and 150 indirect reports.
Successful candidates will have had clear exposure to a world class manufacturing environment with demonstrable achievements in adding value to a business. Candidates will be expected to have HSE at the forefront of their priorities as well as promoting a positive image for the company.
The below is essential:
Health and Safety: Maintain a strong focus on health and safety throughout your team and be a safety champion to promote the "safety first" culture throughout the business. Cascade responsibility for health and safety throughout your team and improve Occupational Health performance.
Financial: Achieve budgeted performance for all profit centres and help to alleviate/mitigate external factors which could negatively impact on profit. Focus on sustainable profit growth and continuous improvement through optimisation of all operations and processes.
Leadership and Staff development: Build a winning team to enhance performance. Mentor and develop your staff to broaden their knowledge, flexibility, and ability to take on extra responsibility and effective delegation.
Productivity and Plant availability: Ensure you and your team optimise productivity of all plant and equipment whilst maximising recycling and recovery rates. Maximise OEE and improve the PPM regime.
Innovation: Ensure Wastecycle continues to be an innovator and leader for recycling solutions.
Customer Service and Product Quality: Ensure the best in class customer service. Minimise product rejections and complaints through quality improvements.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) / Experience in a management position preferred
- Practical knowledge of lean manufacturing improvement techniques
- Proven track record of commercial success
- Strong analytic and IT skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills to influence and drive change through team, procurement, and supply chain
- Knowledge of environmental, health and safety regulations
- Able to create structure to support effective and efficient company processes
- Entrepreneurial flair
- Natural problem solver
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary + bonus, company car/car allowance, and holiday package.