You are here
- General Manager
- West Midlands
About Our Client
Berendsen is Europe's leading textile service business, developing and delivering value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions within Hospitality, Healthcare, Workwear and Facility. They engage and partner with more than 150,000 customers in 16 countries across Europe. They are a FTSE250 company and in the UK have over 9,000 employees working at 60 sites, making them a major UK employer. The business focuses on innovation and is constantly developing new products and services to better serve the changing needs of its customers and their industries in all sectors of the economy.
The General Manager will lead and their site to achieve against the P&L through the development of people and systems. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Lead, develop and deliver performance improvement plans ensuring the achievement of budgets and overall company performance targets through the leadership team
- Lead the LEAN agenda for the site ensuring the continuous improvement of all site operations
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with stakeholders, organisations, potential new business, and other outside bodies to maintain and improve the company's image and commercial position.
- Lead and direct ongoing improvements in both operational and occupational safety.
- Personally drive a customer service approach
- Lead and direct all plant staff and facilities to ensure achievement of Safety, Quality and Performance targets for all service delivery activities.
- Lead and direct the site leadership team, ensuring that functional objectives (KPI's) for each Manager/Leader are achieved.
- Develop and implement systems for employee involvement and development and, through the leadership team, ensure that all employees understand their individual objectives, are committed to achieving them and are well briefed on company and safety issues. Work with leadership team to establish training needs for all staff and ensure they are achieved.
- Create, develop and implement comprehensive systems to ensure that the company's revenue is safeguarded.
The Successful Applicant
We are seeking to attract a high calibre General Manager who is able to demonstrate the following:
- Recent knowledge from B2B, managing plant operations with technical knowledge covering manufacturing and Production, Engineering and service functions demonstrating a clear track record of success
- Knowledge and experience of implementing continuous improvement programmes
- Ability to persuade and influence people at all levels and develop good working relationships that promote team working.
- Analytical and strategic thinking with good business acumen and the ability to think from the customers' perspective.
- Good attention to detail whilst retaining the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Ability to motivate people, with a coaching style that builds effective teams and manages performance positively.
- Financial knowledge covering budgeting forecasting.
- Educated to degree level or NVQ Level 5 ideally in Business Administration or Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits package