You are here
- Senior Management Role
- FTSE 250 Company
About Our Client
Berendsen is Europe's leading textile service business, developing and delivering value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions within Hospitality, Healthcare, Workwear and Facility. They engage and partner with more than 150,000 customers in 16 countries across Europe. They are a FTSE250 company and in the UK they have over 9,000 employees working at 60 sites, making them a major UK employer. The business focuses on innovation and is constantly developing new products and services to better serve the changing needs of its customers and their industries in all sectors of the economy.
The General Manager will lead and direct all site staff to deliver continuous improvement of customer service, safety, service delivery and resource utilisation to achieve quality and performance targets. Develop and implement policies to ensure a safe working environment and adherence to safety standards. Develop and expand relationships with external stakeholders and organisations to ensure the protection and success of the business. Responsibilities:
- Lead and direct all plant staff and facilities to ensure achievement of Safety, Quality and Performance targets for all service delivery activities.
- Lead and direct the site leadership team, ensuring that functional objectives (KPI's) for each Manager/Leader are achieved.
- Develop and implement systems for employee involvement and development and, through the leadership team, ensure that all employees understand their individual objectives, are committed to achieving them and are well briefed on company and safety issues. Work with leadership team to establish training needs for all staff and ensure they are achieved.
- Lead, develop and deliver performance improvement plans ensuring the achievement of budgets and overall company performance targets through the leadership team.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with stakeholders, organisations, potential new business, and other outside bodies to maintain and improve the company's image and commercial position.
- Lead and direct ongoing improvements in both operational and occupational safety. Ensure the timely investigation of all accidents and incidents and ensure that recommendations are implemented.
- Apply strategic planning to determine site objectives are in line with company strategic goals, ensuring the site leadership team understand them.
- Attend networking events to gain market insight and use this when shaping strategic goals ensuring the site leadership team understand them.
- Take personal ownership for ensuring that customers receive an exceptional service from the site.
- Develop and agree a budget to meet business needs and to ensure the most efficient use of resources. Regularly run reports to analyse the results communicating with the relevant management team on costs and revenue and work on improvement plans for any variances to budget.
- Create, develop and implement comprehensive systems to ensure that the company's revenue is safeguarded. Identify level of revenue loss and take corrective action.
- Lead the LEAN agenda for the site ensuring the continuous improvement of all site operations.
- Contribute to the reduction of impact to the environment.
- Responsible for achieving the overall resource plan that meets both the current and future business needs of the company. Work with site leadership teams to develop schemes for improvements within each department - maintaining optimum use of resource at all times.
- Ensure safe method of working by all staff and contractors to achieve statutory H&S requirement.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this excellent opportunity the client is looking for the following:
- Educated to degree level or NVQ Level 5 ideally in Business Administration or Engineering.
- Knowledge of implementing continuous improvement programmes.
- Recent knowledge from B2B, managing plant operations with technical knowledge covering manufacturing and Production, Engineering and service functions demonstrating a clear track record of success.
- Ideally would hold a management level Health & Safety qualification.
- Knowledge working with Lean (Six Sigma) methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence people at all levels and develop good working relationships that promote team working.
- An analytical and strategic thinker with good business acumen and the ability to think from the customers' perspective.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of commercial awareness.
- Good attention to detail whilst retaining the ability to see the bigger picture.
- IT literate (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to motivate people, with a coaching style that builds effective teams and manages performance positively.
- Financial knowledge covering budgeting forecasting.
What's on Offer
Excellent Salary plus benefits