You are here
- Excellent opportunity for a well-established UK distribution business
- Based in the Portsmouth area.
About Our Client
Our client are a well-established distribution business with several depots throughout the UK. The General Manager will be based in the Portsmouth area.
The General Manager will oversee the operations of an extremely important site in the overall company network. The team will be made up of around 100 full time employees (managers, warehouse operatives, drivers and admin staff), which will all fall under the responsibility of the successful candidate. Typical responsibilities will include the following:
- Full P&L control of around 10 million pounds per year.
- Managing a temperature controlled site, where time critical delivery is key.
- Deliveries on a UK wide scale.
- Driving continuous improvement and the development of staff on site.
- Overseeing all health and safety.
- Act as a point of call for customers when needed.
The Successful Applicant
The successful General Manager will have the following experience:
- Previous managerial experience at a senior level within a logistics operation.
- Must hold a Transport Manager CPC because you will be the o'licence holder for the site.
- Multi-temp experience is ideal, but not essential.
- Consolidation experience is also ideal, but not essential.
- A focus on continuous improvement and able to demonstrate previous results.
- A good level of IT literacy is required.
What's on Offer
A competitive package.