You are here
German-Speaking Sales Consultant
- Leading provider of legal and tax information, based in the City
- Seeks a fluent German-speaker to develop Central European markets
About Our Client
Across Bloomberg BNA's publishing groups, expert practitioners in a wide range of fields offer subscribers in-depth insight and analysis. Particularly strong in the area of tax, the company's Tax and Accounting services integrate news, practice tools and primary sources with the renowned Tax Management Portfolios - in-depth analyses of tax and accounting topics written by our network of over 1,000 leading practitioners - enabling tax and accounting professionals to practice and provide guidance with confidence.
Bloomberg BNA seeks a talented German-Speaking Sales Consultant to continue its growth in Central and Eastern European regions.
The role is to develop revenue of international legal information services in the Central and Eastern European region with a particular focus on Germany, Austria and Netherlands. The target markets include senior executives in multinationals and their advisors (major law firms and accountancy firms).
The role of the German-Speaking Sales Consultant require trips and face-to-face appointments. The successful candidate should have proven field/face-to-face ability as well as knowledge and experience of the region. Ability to speak German is essential.
We require a professional with evidence of success who would appreciate the challenge of developing and selling into this region. Candidates will need to be able to travel to see their clients / attend events across their region.
The successful candidate will be a member of a global commercial team currently consisting of five other people, each with their own regional responsibilities. The role offers the opportunity - and considerable freedom - to earn and to demonstrate ability, creativity and achievement.
- Generate budgeted revenue within given territories
- To understand product offering sufficiently to enable successful presentations to prospects
- Research, identify and contact prospects
- Meet activity targets relating to visits, demonstrations, creation of opportunities
The Successful Applicant
The successful German-Speaking Sales Consultant will ideally be degree educated, fluent German speaker (business level), and demonstrate a proven record of achievement against targets. Experience within professional/financial services sectors (business information/software) would be advantageous.
- Proven evidence of business development ability and experience in both telephone and face-to-face environments.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Should be a fluent German-speaker.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Willingness and ability to systematically and methodically prospect and generate own leads.
- Analytical skills - can make an assessment of customer needs and propose solutions.
- Good presentation skills - able to present to both individuals and large audiences.
- Well-organized - can be relied upon to manage pipeline and follow-up systematically.
- Good interpersonal skills - able to develop and maintain rapport with prospects and customers
- While able to work on their own, also able to work alongside colleagues
- IT literate, able to use well-known CRM systems
- Knowledge of the legal information market and/or selling information services helpful but not essential.
- University degree or equivalent would be helpful but not essential.
- Between 2 - 8 years' experience in new business development/account management/development.
- Proven evidence of ability to sell both by telephone and face-to-face.
- Demonstrable competence in both transactional and consultative techniques.
- Ideally, some experience of the territories selling into.
What's on Offer
- £30-40,000 Base Salary (dependant on experience)
- Generous commission plan resulting in very realistic OTE package (uncapped, 25% commission on all proactive new business revenue). Individuals who perform well can earn £60k+ OTE.
- Full company benefits suite
- Impressive offices close to Bank tube, London - opportunity to work with real autonomy, travel to see clients in person and attend networking events.