You are here
Global Category lead (Consultancy & Services)
- Global Remit in a growing compnay
- Very strong package and accesible London location
About Our Client
Market leading Global digital company
Develop procurement Category strategy and planning for assigned Indirect spend categories
- Assess corporate/affiliate current and future needs, assess market trends and supply base;
- Coordinate virtual teams on Commodity Strategies and priorities
- Create overviews of total budgeted spend for the assigned spend categories and develop annual procurement plans (key performance measures and savings targets).
- Identify and implement procurement best practices for assigned spend categories to optimize cost reduction, improve processes and procedures.
Lead vendor selection processes and contract negotiations
- Identify and prioritise procurement/sourcing projects on local, regional and European level. Responsible for developing cross country sourcing plans where appropriate and create buy-in to these. Drive execution of negotiations, working closely with key stakeholders within each Affiliate and with other procurement managers in Procurement departments.
- Develop and manage cross-functional teams on sourcing programs (RFI/RFP) and ensure compliance with procurement policies and procedures.
- Establish framework agreements with strategic vendors and monitor compliance.
Manage framework agreement portfolio
- Act as principle point of contact for affiliates for matters in relation to framework supply and service contracts.
Lead strategic vendor management activities
- Plan periodical strategic vendor meeting schedule for vendors under control.
- Prepare quarterly strategic supplier stewardship meeting - collect input from affiliates, corporate issues and new initiatives and take responsibility for getting key outcomes of these sessions implemented.
- Use generally developed vendor management tools to measure performance and provide feedback to suppliers on a regular basis.
Communication with key stakeholders
- Liaison between Global suppliers and affiliate management teams for all issues and escalations.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in managing procurement activity.
- Maintain relationship with Affiliate procurement teams and Commodity managers
Monitor customer satisfaction
- Monitor satisfaction of corporate departments and affiliates with key suppliers and procurement support
The Successful Applicant
- University degree - business or finance related studies.
- Minimum of 10 years procurement practice gained in a large multi-national environment, with significant experience in (corporate) procurement for Indirect spend ranging from sourcing planning and vendor selection to establishment of required contracts and management thereof.
- Experience in project management, RFP development as well as contract and supplier management.
- Experience in cable/ telecommunications sector, basic understanding of technology is a pro.
- In depth procurement knowledge of categories within Consultancy and People Services and related categories.
- Excellent analysis skills, which coupled with general business understanding and the ability to pro-actively identify new opportunities, building organisational commitment to act on these.
- Strong delivery focus: ability to set goals individually and achieve on these.
- Excellent communicator and good (virtual) team builder with strong customer focus. Ability to work independently and take decisions as and when required.
- Strong commercial acumen enabling the creation of compelling, fact based presentations which influence and persuade stakeholders to move and agree to the desired outcome.
- Expert stakeholder manager, with the proven ability to establish and maintain effective working partnerships at all levels through taking a collaborative approach with a wide range of groups, including corporate departments and affiliates, vendors, as well as other external parties.
- Leads by example in an open, friendly and honest manner, always leading with best practice.
- Able to apply expert negotiating skills within the context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests.
- Strong change management skills, with the ability to successfully employ techniques that facilitate collective change at all levels.
What's on Offer
- Global remit
- Forward facing organisation
- Competitive package
- Accessible London location