You are here
Global Finance Manager - High Growth Organisation
- My client are looking to add a Global Finance Manager due to rapid growth.
- Opportunity to fast track your career to a Finance Director role.
About Our Client
My client are an entrepreneurial professional services firm, going from strength to strength since making their decision to expand globally. Within Germany alone they are the leaders in their field which has enabled them to build a great platform, noticeably in London, New York, Hong Kong & San Francisco. Taking on significant projects with notable clients, they operate on a high margin/low volume business model.
Given the scale of growth this has required an integral finance function to operate out of their London office, with the Global Finance Manager being key to their growth. This is an opportunity for an ambitious accountant to progress their career towards a Finance Director role within the business.
The global finance manager will be responsible for the following:
Line management of junior bookkeeper. The bookkeeper is responsible for:
- Process purchase invoices and expenses
- Raise payment runs and raise payments, for final approval by Finance Director
- Raise sales invoices
- Credit control
Other duties include:
- Cashbook management
- Month-end management accounts and month-end process
- Stakeholder management with senior stakeholder - including 7 partners.
- Work closely with Operations Manager to develop and improve global processes
- General ledger management up to trial balance
- Online banking and bank reconciliation
- Intercompany transfers and reconciliation
- Payroll processing and commission calculations
- VAT return, Intrastats and other government forms
- Assisting the FD on budgets and forecasts
- Ad hoc analysis, such as margin improvements, cost cutting, financials for client proposals
- All book-keeping for 6 offices in 6 countries across the globe (with the support of a junior bookkeeper)
- M&A activity
The Successful Applicant
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- Able to work with colleagues of all levels and personalities.
- Thrives in a highly pressured, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Has drive and a positive work attitude, including willingness to work longer hours during peak periods.
- Self-motivated to create and learn new processes and participate in new projects.
Suitable candidates will have a formal accountancy qualification from a recognised accountancy body eg. ACCA/ CIMA / ACA or a minimum of five years experience in a similar role working in a Global company dealing with multiple currencies.
Professional services experience is highly desirable.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, fantastic bonus scheme and fantastic company networking trips.