You are here
Global Quality Health Safety and Environmental Manager
- Global Quality Health Safety and Environmental Manager in Greater London.
- Must have knowledge of managing 9001, 14001 and 18001 across multisites.
About Our Client
My client are a global innovative solutions provider for the commercial and defence sectors and are looking for a Global Quality Health Safety and Environmental Manager to be based out of their Greater London site.
The Global Quality Health Safety and Environmental Manager will provide professional Integrated Management System (IMS) support to the Global Operations and ensure globally that processes needed for the IMS are established, implemented, maintained and continually improved. Responsibilities include:
- Shape the management system to merge the EHS and Quality Systems into an integrated management system (IMS), with the next assignment to deploy on a global level.
- Report the IMS performance and improvements to top management.
- Lead development and implementation of IMS processes, procedures, strategies and plans.
- Review and assess the IMS, recommending key actions / areas for improvement and key metrics.
- Provide updates on and ensure compliance with current and new EHS and Quality legislation and standards affecting global Operations.
- Define and recommend a Management structure to implement best practice EHS and Quality in an IMS.
- Support all Branch Managers in all areas of IMS work with Mission Assurance Management in maintenance of ISO 14001 (Environmental) and ISO 9001 (Quality) Management System certification.
- Develop Budgets for IMS globally.
- Provide top management with guidance and advice on the IMS management review process to ensure compliance.
- Undertake audits/inspections and raise Corrective Actions as appropriate in accordance with the IMS.
- Develop and Provide Training Plans for all global Staff and Management in EHS and Quality.
- Increase awareness of Green Policies and identify marketing opportunities for the company as a Green Supplier.
- To be responsible for all health and safety matters within your department and for ensuring that the safety policy is implemented. This includes monitoring the workplace to ensure that safe conditions are maintained and, where risks are identified, to ensure that these are rectified, so far as is reasonably practicable.
- To manage the performance and development of all staff who report in.
- To be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, my client is looking for:
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Knowledge of working with external stakeholders (contractors, auditors, etc.).
- Evidenced significant knowledge in integrated environmental, health & safety, and quality management systems in Industry.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and process skills in problem solving.
- Professional Qualification in Environmental Management such as IEMA or similar.
- Professional Qualification in Health & Safety - NEBOSH General Certificate is a minimum requirement.
- Professional Qualification in Quality Management or equivalent.
- Degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Business Administration or similar Technical subject.
- Knowledge in either an international or service based company.
- Knowledge of delivering training and awareness to a medium sized business.
- Knowledge of current US, Asia and EU-wide and specific member state Health and Safety and Environmental Legislation would be desirable.
- Internal auditing knowledge (for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and Health & Safety Management Systems) would be desirable.
- Financial Planning and Budgeting.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £60,000 + attractive company benefits.