You are here
Global Sourcing Manager - Commodities
- Global procurement opportunity in a leading food services business
- Must have a experience buying food or ingredients at a strategic level
About Our Client
Our client is one of the UK & world leading facilities management and catering businesses. They have catered for a range of events, from the worldwide sporting events to global corporate functions. Governement offices to Music festivals. Only using the finest and most sustainable products, their food and beverages are to the industries highest standard and ensure that all customer service is always the highest quality.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and implement global procurement strategy for Responsible for the global strategic sourcing of a range of commodities including sugar, cocoa, coffee, frozen meat and branded goods
- Creating comprehensive network of competitive suppliers supporting development of the company
- Working closely with NPD and helping find the most appropriate suppliers around the world.
- Managing all major and minor contract negotiations
- Understand the risks of different markets when sourcing various commodities.
- Supporting local sourcing activities, where required across the globe
- Driving 'procurement best practice' across all categories managed by yourself.
- Ensuring contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
- Providing forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate.
- Identifying new products and services that may impact on sourcing execution
The Successful Applicant
- 3 to 8 years experience within FMCG, Food Services or Retail businesses
- Experience sourcing commodities (Sugars, Starches, Cocoa, Wheat, Flour, Glucose) or buying food goods from major brands.
- International Experience
- Exceptional Stakeholder management skills
- Strong Analytics understanding
- Articulate when speaking and writing
- Degree Educated
- A fun personality to work in a vibrant environment
- CIPS Qualified
- Languages: French, German or Spanish
What's on Offer
£40,000 to £50,000 (based on level of experience) plus package & bonuses