You are here
Graduate Controls Engineer
- Global Manufacturing Company
- Fantastic Personal Development Programme and Career Opportuities
About Our Client
Our client is a global manufacturing company that is experiencing rapid growth. They manufacture products into an extremely buoyant market and the successful applicant will have lots of opportunities for progression within the business.
A key member of the Divisional Automation Engineering team, the Graduate Controls Engineer will work on control, instrumentation and information systems that support our manufacturing business. This position has complex challenges that will test your knowledge and experience in a real fast paced manufacturing environment, while at the same time will need you to be autonomous and creative with your ideas
Main objectives of the role
- Primary objective is to support and develop our global plant data acquisition project.
- The primary project involves data acquisition at plant level from both automation machine systems and IT systems, delivering a centralised ISO quality management and plant performance reporting system
- To carry out design, modifications and testing on IT and engineering software including Siemens S7 PLC code, SQL databases, Historian Server configuration, MS Access front end and Rockwell Vantage Point reporting software.
Main responsibilities of the role
- To carry out specific engineering tasks delegated to them by the Divisional Automation Manager
- Produce project support deliverables and documentation in line with engineering standards
- Recommend and support value added improvement initiatives where appropriate.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the Controls department and take a pro-active approach contributing to the meetings from an engineering perspective
The Successful Applicant
GRADUATE ELECTRICAL CONTROLS ENGINEER - GLOBAL MANUFACTURING COMPANY - FLINTSHIRE
Skills and experience required
- Academic experience in electrical and/or software (IT) engineering with an industrial bias.
- Working towards (within 1-2 years) or about to complete a relevant university qualification.
- Aptitude and desire to work 'hands on' in a fast paced manufacturing business.
- Ability to provide accurate schedules, reports, specifications and other information for review/approval by engineering staff
Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills with a can do attitude and the ability to work autonomously an absolute must.
What's on Offer
Circa £28,000 plus benefits plus package