You are here
Group Accountant at a Leading Gaming and Sports Company
- Qualified Group Accountant
- A leading gambling and sports company
About Our Client
My client is a leading gambling and sports company offering a range of services with exceptional market coverage and insight. The successful candidate will have exposure to every aspect of the gaming sector and will be directly involved with the key shareholders of a FTSE 250 company. My client will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to gain expertise across an international organisation that is licensed in fourteen different companies. Having experienced high demand for their services internationally and in line with their continued growth plans, they are now looking to acquire a new financial accountant.
In your new role your responsibilities will be wide-ranging and you will be expected to provide a strong base of support in the consolidation of annual financial accounts. The role will also require the successful applicant to liaise with the company's Finance Director and board ensuring that the correct financial procedures are in place. Additionally you will be asked to:
- Consolidate and review the Groups budget and forecasts
- Business partner effectively with other international finance teams
- Identify and determine the impact of future accounting standards upon the group
- Provide analysis of key items within the Group Income Statements and report these to executive board members
- Provide technical support for statutory reporting
- To be able to effectively business partner with marketing and sales to provide value adding insight in the improvement of the company's existing processes
The Successful Applicant
In your new role you will have to be a newly qualified accountant (ACA) with previous exposure of consolidations and multinational organisations. You will also show an ability to work with a commercial mind-set and provide value-adding insight and commentary in a large international business. Strong interpersonal skills will be essential when business partnering with non-financial stakeholders. Whilst possessing a desire to improve processes and quality in a fast changing environment.
What's on Offer
The offer to the successful Group Accountant will be in the range of £50,000-£60,000. The organic nature of the business means that the successful applicant will not only be presented with a group accounting role but also the opportunity to develop a career inside a gaming market that is unlike any other in the world.