You are here
- Opportunity to work for a rapidly growing property company
- Broad role including ad-hoc acquisition work and business partnering
About Our Client
Opportunity to work for a large property company, with locations in both the UK and the European mainland. Locations include offices in London, South-West, Ireland, Scotland and Spain. The company stands out from its competitors by paying great attention to detail in producing the most attractive and accommodating properties in their markets.
The company has grown extensively since its founding 6 years ago, and it will be seeking to support its future growth with capable employees. Their property functions range from student housing to commercial venues.
Core functions of role:
- Consolidated and stand alone statutory accounts for UK and overseas companies, including translation of foreign currency investments and transactions
- Business partnering with Operations and Development and liaising with external parties
- Assist with the budgeting and forecasting processes across the business
- Responsibility for the day to day running of the annual audit process for UK and overseas companies and liaising with auditors to ensure timely closing and meeting annual accounts filing obligations
- Production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and investor reporting
- Monthly balance sheet and P&L review with commentary
- Perform month end processes and reconciliations, including general ledger maintenance, adherence to reporting timetable, balance sheet reconciliations, inter company balances and posting journals
- Responsibility for tax compliance for all companies across the group (NRL, VAT, corporation tax, income tax, PAYE etc) and liaising with tax advisers
- Implementation and monitoring of internal management fee arrangements
- Assisting with transactional related work, including acquisition and disposals
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have attention to detail, the ability to organise and manage tasks and time efficiently, and a demonstration of initiative and pro activeness. You must be able to work independently and within a team effectively, while sharing knowledge and experience with peers. Personal responsibility and the ability to work under pressure are a must.
- Chartered Accountancy Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Strong Group Financial experience and implementation controls
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build effective relationships internally and externally
- Strong analytic and IT skills, including advanced Excel
- Experience in global and group businesses
- IFRS experience
- Ability to identify key financial risks
- Experience of CODA/Dream and TCAS accounting systems
- Experience in the property industry
What's on Offer
The role offers a great opportunity to work within a rapidly growing property company in central London. My client is offering a permanent contract with a salary between 50000 and 55000 + competitive benefits package, depending on experience.