You are here
- Exciting opportunity within this brand new role due to heavy investments
- Opportunity for a driven and aspiring Buyer based in Derbyshire
About Our Client
My client is the largest single site producer of recycled lead in Europe. They produce recycled lead and polypropylene products.
They are proud to utilise leading edge technologies through their processing operations, combining energy efficiency, good productivity and high environmental standards.
Key accountabilities of the Group Buyer will include:
Duties will include:-
- Comprehensive review of the UK Market for Polypropylene recyclables
- Create contacts for potential suppliers
- Quote suppliers for recyclable Polypropylene material
- Purchase recyclable Polypropylene and create contracts for the suppliers
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with suppliers
- Purchase recyclable material in order to meet/exceed requirements as set out in purchase department annual budget
- Update purchase information monthly. Report on volumes & margins/actual performance against budget
- Review and monitor supplier performance
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the role of Group Polypropylene Buyer will have gained significant experience in a related role and must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the Polypropylene and Polymer recycling industry in the UK.
Previous Commercial experience is essential, together with experience in Purchasing Plastic and/or Polymer (Waste). You will have strong sourcing and negotiation skills, the ability to work as part of small team and support other work-streams alongside market planning skills.
CIPS qualification would be advantageous but not essential.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for the role of Group Buyer, based in Derbyshire, will be offered circa. £30'000/PA dependant on experience and profile. Other benefits include:
- Defined contribution pension scheme, with up to 10% company contributions (if employee pays 5%)
- 25 days holiday plus statutory Bank holidays
- 3 x salary death in service cover (if joining the pension scheme)
- Generous bonus schemes (H&S bonus, production bonus, annual bonus, blood lead bonus)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Physiotherapy benefit
Hours of work: 9.00am-5.00pm (Monday-Thursday) 9.00am - 4.30pm (Friday) with a 45 minute lunch break each day