You are here
Group Finance Controller
- Newly created position
- City Centre
About Our Client
My Client has gained key growth in the last few years, maintaining an established Brand and therefore supporting and developing career opportunities across the team. This newly appointed position helps support the growth across the retail sector of the company.
The Group Financial Controller will report directly to the Finance Director. The post holder will be expected to lead on matters of Group accounting policy, providing technical accounting support to operating divisions and advising senior management. Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the Finance Director and lead on some aspects of preparing internal financial reports and financial information for a wide range of stakeholders.
- Support, and lead on certain aspects of preparing the quarterly and annual reports. Providing insightful and commercial analysis and commentary.
- Manage the annual audit process across the group, liaising and supporting operating divisions, and reporting progress and issues to senior management.
- Provide leadership on financial control and accounting matters within the central finance function and across the group.
- Provide management and technical leadership to the Business Support Accountant on the accounting within group entities, ensuring accuracy and integrity of the financial records.
- Prepare statutory financial statements for central companies.
- Lead and manage the central accounts payable team and ensure high standards of compliance and control are operated across the group; oversee the weekly processing of supplier payments.
- Develop and coach your direct report (Business Support Accountant) and oversee central accounts payable team.
- Work with the Finance Director or other members of senior management on ad hoc projects as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be an ACA / ACCA qualified accountant. You will be technically strong with experience of external financial reporting under IFRS and UKGAAP. You will have gained group consolidation knowledge and reporting process experience in a corporate environment. This key role will require the ability to build strong professional relationships, prioritise your workload and influence colleagues.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £60,000 + benefits