You are here
Group Financial Accountant - FTSE 250 Hospitality Brand
Leading Global Hospitality Group - FTSE 250
ACA/ACCA Qualified Accountant - Central London
About Our Client
Headquartered in London, my Client is a leading global hospitality and real estate group with businesses in various leisure destinations including Asia, Australasia, Europe, the Middle East and North America.
My client treats the guest as family, with a unique range of global properties. Their hotels are never cookie-cutter, but always fresh, surprising and tailored to their location.
They are looking for a bright, ACA/ACCA qualified accountant to join their finance team in a position that is integral to the continued growth plans.
As Group Financial Accountant you will have the responsibility for doing the Financial Accountants for Four International Region.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Key member of the Group reporting team dealing with technical accounting issues and queries to ensure compliance with Group's accounting policies and IFRS, across all the Group operations and regions.
- Consolidation of the Group P&L and balance sheet primarily for external financial reporting
- Assist with production of statutory accounts for HO companies.
- They will work with General Accounting teams within Finance Operations to ensure that Group accounting policies are adhered to.
- They will liaise with external auditors to produce consolidated and individual company financial statements and support the Group Financial Controller to ensure that Group financial control framework is implemented in the businesses
- Review of hotels working capital requirements;
- Owner of the intercompany matrix and intercompany loan accounts;
- Reporting on cash reserves available to the Group including preparation of the short-term cash flow model and weekly cash report
- Contribute to the Group consolidation process for monthly reporting to meet internal and external reporting requirements - this involves management and review of local site submissions around the world including the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Asia, preparing and posting group journals where necessary
The Successful Applicant
- ACA/ACCA qualified with 2years' PQE
- Previous experience in the Hospitality industry will be beneficial but not essential
- Proactive and professional
- Multi-currency consolidation experience
- Strong technical accounting experience with up-to-date financial reporting knowledge (IFRS)
- Multi-currency consolidation experience beneficial but not essential
- Able to collaborate and influence of senior management and peer groups
- Very high level of initiative and self-motivation with the ability to work unsupervised given a project remit
- Passionate, hard-working and with a real eye for detail.
- A team player who must enjoy working in a hands-on atmosphere but allied with a strong sense of independent thinking - not easily influenced.
What's on Offer
- Based in Central London
- Progression opportunities in FTSE 250 Hospitality industry
- £50,000 - £60,000