You are here
Group Financial Accountant
- Group Financial Accountant
- Rushden, Northamptonshire
About Our Client
RPC Group is a leading plastic products design and engineering company for packaging and non-packaging markets. The Group has 150 manufacturing sites in over 30 countries and employs more than 20,000 people. The Group develops and manufactures a diverse range of consumer products for a wide variety of customers, including many household names, and enjoys strong market positions in many of the geographical areas in which it operates. By developing innovative packaging and technical solutions for our customers, providing unparalleled service through the dedication of its employees, RPC continues to create value for its shareholders.
Based in Northamptonshire RPC Group is one of the most highly regarded employers in the region. It is has a reputation for offering progression and breadth of experience to its employees as well as a dynamic, enjoyable working environment where you will be alongside a very high calibre finance team. RPC Group is on a positive and profitable growth curve that looks set to continue under the clear direction of its CEO as it acquires and integrates new businesses and exploits opportunities in target, high growth markets.
The Group Financial Accountant will be based in the head office, reporting to the Group Financial Accounting Manager. In addition to the technical requirements, the individual will be given the opportunity to positively impact the finance team in terms of improving efficiencies.
As a key member of the group finance team responsibilities include:
- Take ownership of the completion of the UK statutory accounts process, including liaising with external auditors.
- Assist with the production of the published accounts (Group Annual Report and Accounts and Interim Statements of the Group) from initial design through to publication, with specific responsibility for supporting all technical accounting and compliance matters.
- Support with the design and implementation of controls and processes across the Group Reporting function.
- Assisting with all technical accounting queries including the technical aspects of year end and half year reporting and maintenance of the Group Accounting Manual.
- Supporting the year end and half year end financial reporting process, acting as a point of contact for the external auditors.
- Key contact for sites for technical and reporting queries. Support the monthly processing of holding / non-trading head office entities
- Other project work where relevant, including the implementation of new accounting standards.
The Successful Applicant
With the role of Group Financial Accountant being one of senior influence and exposure it is reserved for the best candidates on the market.
You will very likely be from a 'Big 4' background and either be looking for the next move in your industry career or be a Manager in the profession looking to make their first move in to industry. Alternatively you may already have experience in consolidations and group reporting in a major multi-site organisation.
As a result the required aspects are:
- ACA or ACCA qualified accountant with 1-2 years post qualified experience, likely to have trained with Big 4. Could be their first move out of practice
- Financial accounting experience essential, including IFRS and statutory accounts
- Good communicator, with confidence to establish credibility with colleagues
- Bright, personable, enthusiastic and committed, with good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills; must be highly proficient with Excel. Previous enterprise reporting experience (Cognos Controller, Hyperion, etc.) desirable
What's on Offer
This role offers an opportunity to play a part in the continued growth as they generate revenues in access of £3 billion. The individual is encouraged to express their ideas and input in organisational processes. Career progression, development, and travel are realistic and obtainable for the chosen individual.