You are here
Group Financial Controller
Group Financial Controller
FTSE listed business
About Our Client
My client is a fast-growth FTSE listed company involved that have tripled their profit targets consistently in the past three years and are looking to expand their finance team in the Head Office in Central London. Due to their success the business has a number of exciting projects that this person will be involved with ahead of their day to day responsibilities; as well as gain excellent exposure to the CFO and CEO of the business.
The role will report into the CFO and look after a finance team of 4. If you are a second or third time mover who is keen to take the next step in their career with the opportunity to progress then do apply.
The role will be responsible for but not limited to;
- Annual and Interim Financial Statements - Preparation of the remuneration report, the back end of the overall documents and project management of whole document.
- Liaising with marketing, CEO, CFO, Company Secretary and other contributors to the Group Financial Statements.
- Project managing both the interim and year-end audit process, acting as the main point of contact between external auditors and the Financial Controllers
- Management and review of the monthly PLC reporting pack, recommending changes and implementing new reports where appropriate.
- Oversee reporting and financial controls within all international entities.
- Assess and manage the impact of new international accounting standards throughout the Group, including the preparation of year end and technical reports to the PLC boards.
- Manage the Group's risk and cash flow monitoring and reporting procedures.
- Monitoring progress of the Operating Companies against Group KPIs. Including recommending and implementing new KPIs as appropriate.
- Manage the quarterly forecast for statutory reporting and management reporting to PLC.
- Day to day management of the finance team, with up to 4 direct reports.
- Simplification and management of the monthly, interim and year end Group consolidation, automating the process by implementation of an appropriate system where feasible.
- Redesign and simplification of financial accounting processes to allow more value added activities.
The Successful Applicant
A Chartered Accountant, ideally with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a commercial environment, ideally a small listed entity.
Candidates should have good oral and written communication skills, self-motivation, commercial awareness, initiative and the ability to work as part of a team. Excellent technical and people management skills are crucial.
- responsible attitude with a hands on focus
- ability to reflect on one's own work as well as understand the wider consequences of financial decisions
- business acumen and interest
- organisational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- team leadership and co-operation
- proficiency in IT
- a methodical approach and problem solving skills
What's on Offer
Salary is between £60,000 and £80,0000 (+ benefits)