You are here
Group Head of FP&A - Biotech / Sciences background required
- Leadership opportunity in a growing biotech company
- Take ownership for FP&A function along with support to M&A processes
About Our Client
Silence Therapeutics is a biotech company with a focus on developing clinical-stage RNA interference (RNAi) therapeutics. RNAi technology can be used to treat a large number of diseases. This is a dynamic and growing market, with huge potential for further ground-breaking technology to be developed and utilised.
Silence is one of very few listed companies with the ability to modulate gene expression both up and down, which provides exciting potential for commercialisation.
Listed on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM), and with close to £45m in the bank, the business is now is a strong position to further invest and grow their offering in this area.
The role of Group Head of FP&A will provide extensive exposure, and an opportunity to add value, across the entire Silence Therapeutics business. The successful candidate will take ownership for budgets & forecasts, provide financial planning, analysis, and accounting support for the organization, as well as ad hoc competitor analysis and M&A support. In parallel, to provide project management support for the R&D organisation, developing a comprehensive reporting matrix to identify risks/opportunities to timelines.
Key responsibilities include:
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Provide direct financial support to cost centre managers
- Lead the budgeting, forecasting, and Long Range Planning processes
- Assist in analysis of monthly expenses vs. budget and forecast
- Assist in production and distribution of monthly variance reports
Work closely with business users and Accounting group on all aspects of accruals and GL accounting
Project support to Research & Development and other business areas
- Provide project management support for the R&D organisation, developing a comprehensive reporting matrix to identify risks/opportunities to timelines
Provide financial support to cross-functional Program Teams
Provide hands-on support to potential transactions and business development / corporate development functions
- Selection & implementation of planning/forecasting system for financial analysis
- Perform ad hoc analysis and financial liaison tasks as needed
- Support the CEO/CFO with ad hoc competitor analyses
The Successful Applicant
For the role of Group Head of FP&A for Silence Therapeutics, we are seeking a high calibre individual with the experience and capability to interact with scientific specialists and senior management, including the CEO. Therefore the successful candidate must have either a Biology / Chemistry related degree, or experience within the sector.
Key requirements include:
- Must have either a related scientific degree, or FP&A experience within the Pharma / Biotech / Life Sciences sector
- Academic excellence demonstrated through Degree education from a reputable University
- ACA Qualified from a Big Four firm
Strong Excel skills required
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated attention to detail, commitment to accuracy & adherence to deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective financial support to business / operational managers
Strong written and verbal communication skills
We are also looking for someone who will recognise the career opportunity this move will bring. As such the successful candidate will be:
- Comfortable with entrepreneurship, able to see the Risks & Rewards of Biotech, and looking for a chance to elevate their career to more senior roles more quickly through this direct path
- Comfortable with an environment where they will be given responsibility together with accountability as the Group enters an exciting phase
What's on Offer
The role is paying £70,000 - £80,000 basic salary, plus benefits including a Bonus of up to 15%, and Share Options.
Other benefits the role will provide include:
- Significant exposure to the CFO and CEO of Silence Therapeutics
- Broad skills to be gained with the right balance of support and autonomy to do so
- A business entering an exciting phase of growth
- Opportunity to work alongside talented professionals, including within Finance, other specialists, and the wider business