You are here
Group Internal Auditor
- To carry out internal audits of processes, functions and business units
- There may be an opportunity to potentially move into other areas of the business
About Our Client
Our client is a UK and Ireland-based building materials group with 668 branches and a turnover of over £2 billion. They operate in the Merchanting, DIY Retailing and Mortar Manufacturing markets.
- Assisting with the development of the Group Internal Audit Plan, including identification of areas for potential future audit work and assisting with the development of the audit function and its practices;
- Taking ownership of internal audit reviews allocated from the Group Plan, carrying out and managing the performance of those internal audit reviews, including the planning and execution of audit work and testing, within agreed time frames;
- Drafting audit reports including findings and recommendations, agreeing implementation actions with management and performing follow up activity on those actions;
- Assisting with the development / implementation of a Risk Management Strategy for the Group;
- Ensuring compliance with Operating and Accounting Polices and Corporate Governance;
- Liaising with Internal Control functions of subsidiaries;
- Analytical review of subsidiary management accounts;
- Assisting with integration of any acquisitions and the implementation of an appropriate control environment within new businesses, post-acquisition capital expenditure reviews, and financial due diligence as required; and
- Assisting the Group Director with ad hoc investigations, reporting and presentations, including responding to Audit Committee requests.
The Successful Applicant
- hold an accountancy or audit qualification;
- have a minimum of 1 year post qualification experience;
- have a good understanding of the audit process with internal audit experience being an advantage;
- have a high level of computer literacy, a good working knowledge of accounting systems and business processes and controls. Experience of using computer assisted audit techniques and data analysis tools an advantage;
- be able to demonstrate a good knowledge / understanding of Risk Management and Risk Based Auditing;
- be able to work either on their own or within a team as required, demonstrate initiative and show a willingness to learn and develop their profession;
- have good interpersonal and communications skills and an ability to relate to Senior Management
- have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; and
- demonstrate a keen interest in improving both themselves and the business.
- Ability to speak one or more European languages a strong advantage
- Full clean driving licence
- Experience / knowledge of the building and / or merchanting business an advantage
What's on Offer
competitive salary and benefits.