You are here
Group Legal Counsel
- Group Legal Counsel
- Intetrnationally renowned law school
About Our Client
The Client is globally renowned law school with its flagship school in London (where the role is based) together with other centres throughout the UK.
This is an extremely mixed role. Duties will include:
- Legal Advice, procedural practice and team management
- Contracts - Draft, structure, negotiate and advise on a variety of commercial contracts (procurement focus)
- Litigation - across all forums of ADR and litigation.
- Corporate - assist in the Company's merger and acquisition activity performing due diligence, drafting employment or non-compete agreements, and other associated tasks.
- Regulatory (DPA), Corporate Governance, Compliance (including FCA), Code of Conduct, Whistleblower Policy, Record Retention and assisting the CoSec with company secretarial matters.
- Terms and Conditions - ensure customer's terms and conditions are kept up to date and conform with existing consumer law and regulatory requirements, and that they are appropriate and match the objectives of the University. Ensure that related online and hard-copy processes support the formation of legally enforceable and robust contracts.
- Property - Lead the legal input into potential property transactions, to include sale and leasebacks, disposal or sub-letting arrangements, coordinating external legal advice as and when necessary.
- IP, trade-marks and brand - ensure all trade-marks are appropriately registered and kept up to date, and ensure any IP is protected.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- be likely to be a UK qualified lawyer with eight years post qualification experience* or more;
- be like to have significant commercial experience working in house; and
- meet solicitors regulation authority requirements for supervising trainee lawyers.
What's on Offer