You are here
Head of Business Development and Sales
- Must have B2B sponsorship or delegate sales experience.
- Highly respected events organisation working alongside the public sector.
About Our Client
Our client are a highly respected organisation who work in partnership with public sector officials and policy makers, providing highly structured events to create a platform where senior professionals can discuss current affairs and public policy. Their events range in size from small, private conclaves examining specific aspects of wider issues, to public round table discussions and larger scale conferences. Alongside these high level events our client offer a range of consulting services. Examples of the events they run and the services they provide will be discussed on application for the role. Their areas of expertise are within Defence and Security, Policing and Crime, Securing the National Interest of the UK, Transport and Health.
The focus of the Head of Business Development and Sales will be to generate revenue by acquiring sponsors and delegates for our clients programme of events, advisory work and other business strands. This is a very consultative sales role, which will require you to initiate and negotiate proposals for prospective clients from private and public sectors in the UK and elsewhere, the long- term aim to secure these relationships for years to come.
- Identify prospective clients via targeted research within specified sectors.
- Develop and maintain a continuous pipeline of leads to generate new business opportunities.
- Monitor, review and report on all sales/new business activity and results.
- Arrange and attend teleconferences, meetings and events to grow business and build relationships.
- Meet sponsorship/delegate sales targets for individual events and advisory work.
The Successful Applicant
- A passion or interest in current affairs and public policy issues will be highly desirable and would make this a very fulfilling role.
- An understanding of the marketplace in which our client operate is desirable.
- A relevant B2B sponsorship or delegate sales background.
- Ability to work under pressure and collaboratively with a small energetic group of colleagues.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to work meticulously to designated deadlines.
- Resilient and motivated to take on challenges.
- The ability to build professional relationship with senior executives.
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills.
- Strong communication skills (Verbal, Listening, Writing)
- Good presentation and closing skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Proficient office skills. CRM database management.
- Knowledge of social media platforms for sales & marketing applications.
- Located within an hour commute of Bath.
What's on Offer
What's on offer?
- A basic up to £35,000.
- A very competitive bonus package.
- Expenses covered by the company.
- An excellent opportunity to join an energetic, passionate growing team of professionals.