You are here
Head of Business Management
- Strong strategy, governance and problem sloving skills.
- Experience within Financial Services
About Our Client
A major global bank based in London.
The Head of Business Management will be responsible for helping to shape the strategy, governance, cost and processes are embedded effectively into this global business.
Cost and FTE
- Responsible for designing, mobilising and delivering end-to-end cost management and resource management processes across IT
- Responsible for ensuring effective governance of these processes, as well as ensuring that the outcomes and outputs are aligned with function-wide governance and process demands
- Ensuring that all processes meet or exceed customer expectations, and are effectively embedded.
- Investing in and maintain effective relationships with all functions across Technology, Finance, HR and other functional partners
- Range of in scope projects will adapt over time subject to business and functional demands, but would include projects associated with CRE and real estate planning, time booking, headcount planning and above all ensuring that outcomes are embedded into BAU governance, processes and outputs.
- Ensure that all outcomes fully align with required policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure effective and efficient governance and oversight of all processes in scope
Embed Business Management Process Model
- Role model the important dimensions of consistency, global standards and effective and efficient delivery
- Develop and embed this model working with COOs across IT
- Lead selected end-to-end business management process / projects
- Manage key relationships with partner functions (HR, Finance, Property) and deliver on IT management requirements
The Successful Applicant
Head of Business Management requires candidates with a strong academic background and the ability to problem solve in complex environments.
The role holder will ideally have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Expertise and knowledge in relation to the Global IT Function and the services that the IT COO/Business Management function provides
- Demonstrated business knowledge, ideally experience of working within a complex global business unit
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology development and infrastructure and how this can be used to meet business needs
- Practical experience of major business transformation with global project management experience
- To have held a senior leadership position, ideally within a global banking environment
- Ideally to have both front and back office experience within a global banking environment
- Financial and accounting acumen
- Ability to manage and mitigate operational risk effectively
- Experience of managing within a complex matrix environment
- Experience working across cultures in Financial Services.
- Experience of managing and coordinating a globally dispersed team
- Understanding of banks and its strategy, structures and processes
Knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitor and market
What's on Offer