You are here
Head of Compliance
City of London
£500 - £700 per day (£129,990 - £181,986)
CF10 and CF11 Holder
Built a compliance department
About Our Client
- Develop and shape the compliance practice within the Bank.
- A hands-on approach to dealing with the company's strategic and operational compliance practices.
- Ensure the Bank's operations are conducted in compliance with ethical business practices, company policies and legal requirements.
- Develop policies and procedures intended to prevent unethical and illegal conduct.
- Support the business by providing compliance advice and guidance in relation to existing and new business initiatives.
- Monitor UK and global regulatory developments and identify new regulations impacting the business, recommending and documenting action as appropriate.
- Represent The Bank before regulators and supervisory authorities, such as the PRA and FCA.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the company's business and the regulatory framework in which it operates.
- Prepare and respond to any compliance related applications or audits, internal or external as appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills Required
- 5+ years' relevant experience in a regulatory compliance environment within a Bank.
- Broad knowledge of the financial markets, products and banking (Capital Markets knowledge desirable).
- Thorough knowledge of relevant FCA and PRA Rulebooks.
- Previous experience of applying FCA rules in a banking environment.
- Aptitude to research and analyse complex compliance issues, translate and distil that research into practical advice in order to inform senior management decision-making.
- Ability to provide guidance as to duties, obligations and responsibilities under Senior Managers' Regime.
- Knowledge and application of JMLSG Guidance.
- Past experience and proven ability in financial regulation and AML fields.
- General understanding of the European perspective to financial regulation.
- Tenacity to keep up-to-date with regulatory changes.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Creative and innovative thinking together with problem solving abilities.
- Continual training in compliance developments through CPD or similar.
- Self motivation and sociability.
- Smart presentation - a business suit must be worn.
- The ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- The ability to influence at a high level.
- High regard for customer care and professionalism.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
What's on Offer
6 Month Contract