You are here
Head of Content
Searching for a Head of Content and PR to work for a Financial Services business
Financial Services experience is an essential requirement
About Our Client
The business were established 5 years ago and have been growing and gaining status at a rapid pace. They are looking to develop their digital marketing presence and are therefore searching for a Head of Content and PR to join the business, based in central London. The suitable incumbent of this position would come from a financial services background.
Head of Content role:
- The head of content and PR will work alongside the brand management team to strategise, co-ordinate and promote the brand, messaging and PR throughout the EMEA regions. This includes content that is curated or edited in house, by agents of the business, syndicated content delivered via API, file transfer or other means and content generated by users.
- Actively contribute to the development of global thought leadership and PoVs to ensure they are news worthy and in support of the content and PR strategy.
- Add value by identifying, proposing and executing original and creative content and PR opportunities that are aimed at demonstrating our industry expertise, relevance at a global and localised territory level to raise brand profile
- Develop a global and localised social media strategy. This needs to align with the business overall social media objectives.
- Analyse and track all content and PR activity assessing its contribution to the over company targets and report weekly, monthly and quarterly to stakeholders
- Provide regular updates to the marketing team on the development and implementation of the PR strategy, and influence the discussion on the role of PR in achieving the strategy and objectives.
- Partnering closely with the digital and brand departments in the development of content and PR to support launches into new territories
- Raise profile of the business by managing entries into industry awards.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role, you'll currently be the content and PR lead within your current business or ready to step into this role. Ideally you'll have experience in both consumer and B2B focused campaigns. You'll know what channel works best for different content and be able to use insight to drive more engagement.
- Independent and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance.
- Diplomacy, pragmatism as well as political and cultural sensitivity is required in order to manage expectations, and deal effectively with the challenges of supporting a fast growing organisation.
- A thorough and comprehensive knowledge of content and PR best practices will need to be demonstrated and applied.
- Proven project management skills are required, as you will be required to prioritise competing project activities and deliver a first class content and PR service to a broad range of territories.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Sound confident judgement and well-developed influencing skills are required to analyse and debate business issues, agree actions, and provide tailored content and PR solutions in response.
- Ability to sustain a high profile and develop a network of contacts on a global basis.
- Develop a network of journalists (finance and others) to ensure strong distribution of key consumer content such as deal related stories.
- Experience of managing global campaigns
- Experience of working with PR agency
- Support the wider marketing objectives with ideas and content generation and work with SEO team to ensure a joined up approach.
- Experience of managing content operation team
- Determine the scale and need for work flow and quality controls within content governance and standards
- Establish a plan for rich media i.e. images and video, both supplier and user generated content.
What's on Offer
Up to £70,000