You are here
This position is now filled
Head of Customs
- Head of Customs
- Leading 3PL business
About Our Client
Our client is a large UK based 3PL business. They have sites all over the UK and are expanding into new markets in 2016 after several contract wins.
As the Head of Customs at this leading 3PL business you will have the opportunity to head up an important part of the business. You will have 6 direct reports and have teams of freight forwarders and customs agents at 2 locations in the UK.
You will be a key representative of the business when pitching international clients, and an integral part of the existing set up supporting expansion with customs knowledge within the 3PL.
You will also have the following responsibilities:
- Managing the customs team
- Providing the highest level of global customs consultancy towards both internal and external customers;
- Providing excellent customer service to existing customers, whilst supporting new business wins.
- Organising compliance for customs activities within the wider UK business.
- Providing advice and training in the area of complex customs-related affairs for any area of the business that needs support.
- Maintain and monitor all customs licenses and certificates.
- Keeps track of the latest developments in the area of European and global customs-related and tax administrative affairs.
- Supporting Marketing & Sales to the extent the product is customs related.
The position will be working from Monday to Friday, office hours. Some travel will be essential in the role.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Head of Customs role will have the following skills and experiences:
- An in depth knowledge of customs legislation
- Have worked in a 3PL environment previously
- Be an engaging and inspirational man manager
- Be able to support a sales team with presentations
- Flexible with hours and travel
- Meticulous in developing guidelines, training programmes and in drafting quotations.
- Good command of English
- German, French and Spanish language skills desirable
- "Out-of-the-box" thinker, open minded;
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and benefits