You are here
Head of Finance - Sales & Margin
- Newly-created role
- Business partnering at director level
About Our Client
My client is an impressive and entrepreneurial subsidiary of multinational corporation. Turnover locally is in excess of £240m and growing. They are currently recruiting for a Head of Finance - Sales & Margin.
- To provide support to the senior leadership team in understanding Corporate, Independent, and Contract Distribution sales and margin trends. This will require development of the daily, weekly and monthly reporting / KPI's used by management to drive business performance.
- Support the Procurement Director in developing processes and tracking to better understand end to end cost prices.
- Support the Head of Commercial in developing systems and process to better support pricing pass through
- Support the senior management team in understanding customer and product profitability
- Identify trends, risks and opportunities in sales and margin trends, ensuring that customer patterns, credit note trends, rebates etc are fully understood.
- Develop the customer sales and margin budget process. Coordinate the forecasting and annual budgeting process for sales, monitoring performance against budgets on a monthly basis, taking corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure the risks of the purchasing strategy in overseas currencies are fully understood and mitigated where possible.
- Assist in the work to improve the financial evaluation of new and existing customer opportunities
- Support in controlling the overhead and people cost base for sales and procurement teams
- Introduce best practise, leveraging expertise from the group where appropriate
- Challenge the business to improve its bottom line
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Head of Finance - Sales & Margin:
- Qualified with some PQE (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- The candidate should have previous experience of working in a fast paced commercial environment, ideally within FMCG or distribution businesses
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Excellent MS Excel and database experience
- Project Management experience
- Personal integrity and obvious gravitas
- Strong relationship builder
- Analytical thinking
- Strong Influencing skills
- Strong communication skills
What's on Offer
£55,000 - £65,000 per annum plus car, bonus and excellent benefits