You are here
Head of Finance
My client are an exciting fine food brand, recently acquired by a market leader.
Seeking a commercially astute Head of Finance, based in Central London.
About Our Client
My client are a recognisable brand within the food and beverage sector, due to the entrepreneurial mind set and high-growth nature of the organisation they were recently acquired and have been taken into the fold of a global giant.
This division has a newly appointed MD with ambitious growth plans. The MD requires support in developing and structuring a business plan. As the Head of Finance becomes more established in their role, they will also be asked to support other small entrepreneurial businesses in the Group, as a link between the MD and finance.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Partnering the Managing Directors, providing financial analysis and data to support business strategy
- Own the budgets, leading the forecasting and annual budgeting process, monitoring performance against budgets on a monthly basis, taking corrective action where necessary, including the ability to support the Managing Directors in developing timely, practical, commercially focused solutions to situations with incomplete data or uncertainty
- Managing and maintaining the general ledger (Prophet), stock, AP, fixed assets, inter-company accounting, banking and petty cash. Responsibility for balance sheet reconciliations and month end processes
- Supporting the Managing Director in a financial capacity on commercial aspects of the business (eg proposing and calculating sales commission schemes, rebate structures, credit note management)
- Identify and implement process improvements in how the divisions operate, ensuring risk management framework is appropriate
- Liaison point for the group teams dealing with AR, payroll, HR and IT
- Oversee the preparation of all financial reporting and accounting as per regulatory and legal requirements, ensuring all policies and control processes are fully documented, adhered to and compliant with Group Accounting policies
- Liaison with auditors for annual audit
- Financial reporting
- Weekly working capital and P&L forecasts
- Monthly management accounts; group forms, commentary and balance sheet reconciliations
- Group forms for annual statutory accounts and tax pack
- Lead and motivate a team through individual performance reviews, supporting development plans where appropriate
- Conceptual Thinking - the ability to see the "big picture"; to recognise cause-and-effect; to spot trends, patterns and drives innovation
- Analytical Thinking - applying logical, methodical approaches to problem solving; having an attention to detail
- Managing Results - being results-focused; recognising the need to sometimes make compromises; having the ability to manage change and being resilient
- Delivers results - delivers in the right way with a sense of pride
- Impact & Influence - the ability to communicate clearly in either written or verbal form; persuading others of your point of view; having a personal authority that instils confidence without demonstrating arrogance
- Flexibility - being able to cope with changing demands, amending priorities appropriately
- Self Confidence - the ability to recover from setbacks; having the confidence to admit to mistakes
Team-working - the ability to work constructively and effectively in cross-functional teams. Regularly shares and communicates with colleagues relevant insight to improve overall team.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Excellent MS Excel and database experience
- Personal integrity and obvious gravitas
- Strong relationship builder
- Analytical thinking
- Strong Influencing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a can do attitude
What's on Offer
Exciting opportunity to progress your career and grow within an entrepreneurial organisation.
- Competitive Salary & Benefits