You are here
Head of Finance
- Experienced Head of Finance responsible for the all round finances of a charity
- Working for an exciting and expanding social welfare charity
About Our Client
The organisation is an ambitious charity, based in London, that is seeking to expand over the next few years. They have grown in recent years through winning various government grants and are looking for a Head of Finance to support this expansion.
The Head of Finance, reporting directly into the CEO, is responsible for the following:
- Preparing monthly and full year-end management accounts and ensure Corporation Tax and VAT returns are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Management of short and long term forecasts and annual budgets
- Preparation of statutory reporting
- Mapping business processes and identifying risks and controls.
- Leading on all tenders and bids for new income.
- The management of three direct reports and responsibility for liaising with the senior management and the board.
The Successful Applicant
This Head of Finance position requires a qualified accountant. The successful candidate will have a passion for working in the Not for Profit and Charities sector.
Ideally the successful candidate will have:
- Experience of producing both management and financial accounts.
- Ability to produce long term forecasts and budgets.
- Previous experience of managing staff.
- Knowledge of current accounting principles e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS.
- Ability to interpret complex financial information and to produce written reports and variance analyses.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of different management levels.
What's on Offer