You are here
Head of Financial Reporting
- Leading multi-national business, based in central Brighton
- Senior leadership role
About Our Client
Our client is a truly multi-national business with operations in over 100 countries. As such, strong career prospects are on offer here and this role will be a vehicle to further development and succession planning within the leadership team.
As Head of Financial Reporting you will lead a team of 10 direct reports and will be tasked with ensuring all financial reporting requirements are satisfied in accordance with set timetables; the maintainence and improvement of financial controls ensuring adherence to group policies and the further development of the function to ensure the individuals and the collective maximise potential.
- Ensuring all financial reporting for management and statutory requirements are satisfied in accordance with set timetables; including reviewing and presenting actual information for flash and full close, with supporting variance analysis and commentary
- Ensuring a robust Balance Sheet control framework, undertaking monthly reviews and signing off the balance sheet position
- Developing financial reporting to meet changing business requirements
- Ensuring all financial and actuarial Solvency II reporting is met within agreed timescales
- Maintaining and improving the financial control framework and ensuring adherence to all internal accounting policies
- Financial lead on internal/external audits
This is a crucial appointment for the business and highly visible role with the leadership group.
The Successful Applicant
The succesful candidate will be:
- "Big 4" Practice Trained
- Strong financial reporting background, ideally with strong understanding of insurance accounting
- Experience of working in a Large Corporate business
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Excellent written skills
- Highly numerate, with the ability to process financial data quickly and with a strong attention to detail
- Track record of exceeding business objectives
- Excellent communication skills, driven, high energy, with a team focus
What's on Offer
£80,000 to £90,000 plus excellent benefits.