You are here
Head of Global Finance Communications
- Trusted and influential advisor to CFO of major plc
- Working with one of worlds largest healthcare organisations
About Our Client
A global FMCG business.
The Head of Global Finance Communications has a broad remit across a number of key responsibilities split into;
Partnering with the business:
- Act as a trusted and influential adviser to the CFO, providing challenge and counsel on how to articulate and execute his strategic priorities.
- Develop and deliver a clear strategy for the CFO's executive communications, primarily to engage and align employees within Finance and CBS, but also leaders across the business, and relevant external audiences to build trust and reputation.
- Challenge, align and support the CFO's lead team to consistently articulate and drive delivery of the strategy, as well as using them to act as a 'listening pipe' to gather insights from inside and outside the business.
- Demystify and improve understanding of the group-wide transformation and simplification agenda to support successful delivery and embedding of the change across the business.
- Support CFO lead team members by providing communications and engagement coaching, media training, writing speeches and developing key presentations when required.
Leading the Communications team:
- Set direction and inspire the Global Finance Communications team, building the capability required to improve performance for the business and build a deeper pool of talented communicators. This team includes communications support for CBS and Audit & Assurance, as well as the Global Meetings Management team.
- Oversee and align communications activities planned and delivered by Finance and CBS Communications to the rest of the company, ensuring these are simple, contextualised and targeted effectively to ensure relevance, and coordinated with other communications (ie 'air traffic control') to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Upgrade key communication channels to make them more effective, with a particular focus internally on leader-led engagement and better quality conversations.
- Ensure all internal communications in and from Finance and CBS are aligned to and drive engagement with the brand (narrative and visual identity) to bring it to life.
- Manage issues arising which could have a broader impact on the business, working very closely with colleagues in other CGA teams to coordinate support from areas like Internal and External Communications, Government Affairs and Investor Relations.
- Deputise for the Global Head of Internal Communications when required.
- Be a leader and active contributor to performance of the CGA function, identifying and leveraging opportunities to integrate and align teams across the business, as well as leverage best practice from within the team and other business areas.
The Successful Applicant
- The successful Head of Global Finance Communications will be able to demonstrate;
- Communications at a senior level in multi-national companies, ideally gained in all communications disciplines including internal, media, digital media, external, product communications, policy and government affairs.
- Ability to inspire trust and effectively influence stakeholders at a strategic level, advising senior management, CET and Board.
- Excellent networker with ability to build trusted relationships and partnerships, working across organisational boundaries and a complex matrix structure in the business, and with key stakeholders outside the company.
- Proven experience of successfully developing, leading and managing global teams.
- Communications planning & delivery, aligning communications strategy and related campaigns to the drivers of the business and with broader reputation issues.
- Track record of delivering global communications solutions with measurable outcomes.
- Self motivated and naturally collaborative team player, tenacious and persistent with high personal accountability.
- Results driven and solutions oriented, with proven programme management skills and focused on delivery to deadlines.
- Strong, dynamic, highly articulate communicator with excellent writing skills, across a wide range of media (including digital).
- Proven crisis and issues management competency, with ability to operate calmly and effectively under pressure and deliver communications needs against tight timeframes.
- Driving complex and transversal change programs.
What's on Offer
£90,000 - £120,000 plus car, bonus and comprehensive benefits including share scheme