You are here
Head of Group Risk and Assurance
- Head of Group Risk and Assurance
- Work within an International Manufacturing organisation
About Our Client
Our client is an international manufacturing organisation with sites across the globe. Their products are incorporated into a range of household objects as well as being used across markets globally from health care to construction and the automotive industry.
This business is thriving in a highly competitive market and ability to stay ahead of the rest is largely reliant on new innovations; the ability to manufacture niche products and specifically developing products for businesses from design to production stage has proven extremely successful. The Group is continuing to expand through organic growth as well as acquisitions which provides fresh challenges for Internal Audit, continuously working to ensure controls remain robust.
- Reporting to the Group FD as well as the Board, you will be responsible for the leadership, administration, governance and implementation of an effective and independent assurance framework.
- Presenting and reporting on progress of the internal audit and risk management performance to the Audit and Risk Committee, detailing key areas of assurance and / or concerns.
- To oversee, and occasionally participate in individual internal audits, reviewing and reporting within pre-determined time-scales.
- To provide divisional management with a robust assurance framework, ensuring audit plans and programs are understood, agreed, and delivered.
As well as Internal Audit, it will also be your responsibility to manage Insurance and Risk as well as Fraud which will involve:-
- Ensuring that there is an effective risk management process operating across all areas of the business through ensuring that the Board and executive management have a full understanding of the key risks that could impact on the ongoing success of the group, and the mitigation strategies in place to reduce risk exposure to within the Group's risk appetite.
- To ensure that the risk management framework is sufficient and appropriate in meeting the requirements of a listed business, and in line with the Board's requirements
- To provide key insight, development and training to managers responsible for managing risk across the business.
- Annual review of Insurance requirements ensuring full Group coverage and efficiency of procurement.
- Ensuring effective administration of Corporate and Group level insurance policies.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate, as Head of Group Risk and Assurance will:-
- Have a Professional accountancy qualification or Chartered Internal Auditor qualification.
- Have extensive previous auditing experience and post qualification, management experience
- Have detailed knowledge of Risk Based Auditing
- Experience of managing an audit and risk function within a FTSE 250 company, or equivalent.
- Experience of dealing directly with Board members and presenting complicated issues to senior executive and non-executive management.
- Experience gained within large / complex organisations
What's on Offer
A competitive package is on offer which includes car allowance and an annual bonus