You are here
Head of Human Resources
An exciting opportunity to work for an innovative, iconic household brand name
A Head of Human Resources role working directly with Executives of the business
About Our Client
Brompton wants to transform cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere and store anywhere they can make cities better places to live in. Their high quality products, combined with a resurgence in cycling, means that they are enjoying strong, sustained growth. If they are to continue to thrive they need to recruit great people who can contribute to their ambitious aims. They are a truly global company exporting 80% of their production to 45 countries around the world and intend to produce over 50,000 bikes this year; though they believe they're just getting started. They can offer you a job you won't find anywhere else and a working environment that many thrive to be a part of.
The Head of HR is involved in resource planning and recruitment; training; managing a variety of HR issues at any one time and being the first point of contact for all employee related issues.
You will help to ensure that the staff thrive at Brompton, enjoy their work, appreciate and value the contribution they are making to the company and support their continued growth. Lead Human Resources practices, bring best practice into our organisation and set objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasises empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment and the recruitment of staff that share the company values and ambition. To develop and deliver people management strategies which support the Board's overall strategic aims and objectives. Expected to contribute at both a strategic and operational level in order to identify HR priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions which support business aims, in addition to providing a customer-focused HR service. The jobholder will provide expert professional advice and support to managers and staff on all aspects of people management, which fully reflects the company's desire to be an employer of choice, current employment legislation and best practice.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Act as the face of Brompton HR both internally and externally
- Develop and implement HR strategy in line with the business plan than is flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur
- Work closely with Senior Management Team providing expert guidance on a variety of HR matters including recruitment, discipline, redundancy, maternity, paternity, sickness etc.
- Appoint appropriate HR advisors and oversee HR support across our global operations currently USA, The Netherlands, China and Hong Kong
- Develop a positive training culture at Brompton with a company wide plan linked in to the annual review with a strong focus on company exchange programmes
- Principal liaison for all discussions with the EEF and Unite the Union
- Implement a fully in-house recruitment structure incorporating psychometric testing, social media promotion and interview process.
- New staff 'Big Welcome' & induction to be carried out by all staff, to cover all areas of the business to ensure a full understanding of what we do and stand for.
- Ensure effective, SMART and engaging annual reviews are carried out by all managers with their staff each year.
- Manage our company wide Apprenticeship development, including the useful investment of our apprenticeship levy.
- Ensure best practice adherence to relevant employment law in the UK and globally.
- Deal with performance or grievance issues in a legally compliant and professional way.
- Lead on and develop an employee communication strategy, to ensure all of our staff feel part of the company and affect its future.
- To work closely with Schools to ensure improved knowledge of Engineering and Design programme, including initiatives such as 'Inspiring the Future'.
- Budget management for staff welfare, recruitment and training whilst striving for efficiency gains.
- Striving for Investors in People Gold Standard.
- Lead on the development and implementation of the strategy and programmes in education to increase participation, interest and engagement in Engineering and Design to make sure Brompton is promoted as an excellent provider of Educational Support and Resources.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Head of HR will have the exciting opportunity to join Brompton having demonstrated the following;
- Credible experience within a strategic and operational autonomous HR position
- Strong background in change management
- Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of employment law and HR best practice
- Experience in the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures
- Experience at managing in-house recruitment
- Influencing, persuading, coaching and negotiating skills
- Ability to prepare and present reports to Board level
- Experience of working with unions and/or European working councils
- Experience of working in an IIP accredited organisation
- Experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
What's on Offer
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but they work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. They are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; they all share the same passion and dedication to the company and embrace differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Basic Salary c. £60,000 - £65,000
- Huge discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too)
- Position to thrive. Whether you're early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skill set and to attend relevant events
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing the longer you stay with the company
- Workplace Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Childcare Vouchers, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme, Birthday Breakfast, Family Fun Days, Christmas Parties, London to Brighton Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community, all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching
Michael Page are partnering Brompton on an exclusive basis and therefore all third party applications will not be considered.