You are here
Head of IT
- A Not-for-Profit Organisation based Central London is looking for a Head of IT
- Looking for a technical and strategy focused leader to transform thier IT Dept
About Our Client
A Not-for-Profit Organisation based Central London is looking for a Head of IT. The organisation is looking for a technical and strategy focused leader to transform their IT Department.
The successful Head of IT will have demonstrable delivery experience in the following:
- Strategy - To create and maintain Information Technology & Management strategy in line with stakeholder needs and in keeping up with current best practice for the youth sector in the field of IT.
- Governance - To ensure Information technology and management are in-line with agreed strategy and policy. To ensure that policy and strategy is in compliance with government legislation and standards in those countries in which the Foundation is registered and / or operates.
- Development - To manage the further development and implementation of current projects such as the Online Record Book, Online Learning platform, Sales force customer management database, and other projects. Specifically to manage:
- the development plans for ongoing integration, upkeep and improvement of IT systems;
- the commissioning of appropriate and cost effective procurement and contractual arrangements;
- the maintenance and improvement of desktop services (currently through cloud technologies)
- the management of project and system dependencies at planning, implementation and support stages;
- the sign off of all project management milestones for IT projects.
The Successful Applicant
The Head of IT will be responsible for the following:
- Implementation - To manage the day to day operations of IT systems, ensuring that planning, end-user impact, change management, training, quality management are properly addressed and monitored to ensure that deadlines, budgets and service levels are met and results delivered
- To create appropriate strategies to encourage uptake of online tools throughout the network.
- Supply management - To manage the relationships with (and between) external agencies and suppliers, ensuring contracts and service levels are negotiated in line with strategic aims and financial constraints and ongoing service is in-line with agreed contracts.
- Budget - To manage the annual Information Management budget and any associated funds. Specifically to be responsible for the review, audit and prioritisation of all information management tools, including (in partnership with the Deputy Secretary General) the replacement cycle of information technology hardware.
- Service - To organise and implement servicing and support of all Foundation IT systems to agreed service level standards. In particular:
- To ensure training is provided on any new information management tools that may be introduced;
- To monitor take up and use by staff and stakeholders;
- To provide remedial support where necessary;
- To work in partnership with the Communications team to ensure that they have the tools required to manage the Foundation's digital communication channels.
- Staff - To line manage and develop the Information Management team, working with them to plan and prioritise their workloads, set objectives, conduct appraisals and supported to continually improve their performance and results.
- Business continuity - To develop and maintain the Major Incident & Business Continuity plan for IT and to implement measures designed to safeguard the Information Technology and Management needs of the Foundation in the event of major incidents or disasters.
- Data protection - responsible for the overall management of data within the Foundation, including acting as information guardian to the network for participant and Award Leader personal details
- To undertake any other activity required of the post holder by the Deputy Secretary General.
Able to demonstrate leadership and decision making skills.
- Highly computer literate; with Business Analysis skills
- Ability to translate organisational direction into specific team and individual job expectations, managing performance through effective monitoring, coaching, and feedback
- Resource management - has skills to Influence results through appropriate staffing, budgetary management and maximization of available resources
What's on Offer
The salary on offer to the successful candidate is between £55,000 and £60,000 pa