You are here
Head of Logistics
A Head of Logistics is required
National Recycling Business
About Our Client
Our client is a recycling business with a national remit. They are going through a period of expansion and are looking to add some key appointments to their roster with a view of expanding their share of the market.
As the Head of Logistics you will have the opportunity to lead and develop the Transport operation. This is a new appointment which is essential for the forcasted growth the business are about to experience. You will have the opportunity to shape the logistics department, but must be prepared for the responsibility that comes with it.
Reporting into the Managing Director you will also be responsible for:
- Managing the site managers to optimum performance
- Innovating and developing the operation at every opportunity by embracing new technology, processes and new products
- Developing existing staff, recruiting and succession planning
- Health and Safety excellence and accountability
- Delivering a seamless operation between all sites
- Ensuring best in class customer service, with a right first time approach
- Improve and maintain compliance with all relevant legislation
- Improve collection efficiency and improve the value of the product collected
Hours or work are predominantly Monday to Friday, 08:00 - 17:00.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Head of Logistics role in Derbyshire will have the following skills and experiences:
- Have managed a multi-site recycling transport operation previously
- Have a track record of success, clearly demonstrated on their CV
- Managed in excess of 100 staff previously
- A National CPC Holder
- A degree in Logistics & Supply Chain is desirable
- Prince 2 or Six Sigma qualification is desirable
- Commutable daily to the head office operation in Derbyshire.
- Customer focused, innovative and motivated.
What's on Offer
c. £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits