You are here
This position is now filled
Head of Logistics
- Opportunity to be involved in a rapidly expanding global business
- Based in the Feltham area.
About Our Client
Our client are a well established global technology business who are looking to appoint a Head of Logistics who will be based in their London global distribution centre.
The Head of Logistics will be focused on ensuring that all elements of logistics, including inventory management, warehousing and depots, staging and preparation, reverse logistics, import/export management, licencing and compliance, are available and delivered to the highest quality. This role is about delivering a consistent service, establishing a target operating model, and migrating towards it.
Other key responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for logistics budget control and profitability of logistics service.
- Management of teams based in the UK and internationally, including holding relationships with various 3rd party logistics providers.
- Ensure clarity on contract deliverables and management of changes to maintain profitability during project delivery phase.
- Manage the performance of carriers and logistics intermediaries
- Ensure compliance with international laws relating to import/export activity.
- Establish documented standards for all common tasks and logistics processes.
- Establish and manage a structured Best Practice approach for logistics team members.
- Provide strong internal and external governance to ensure quality, cost and customer satisfaction.
- Provide a solid on-boarding process for new team members to ensure consistency and Best Practice.
- Ensures Continual Improvement process is in operation
- Deliver efficiencies to improve quality, cost and customer satisfaction for transitions
- Ensuring freight is optimised to ensure products reach the destination via the optimum route.
The Successful Applicant
The desired experience for the Head of Logistics are as follows:
- Global import/export experience including compliance management.
- Evidence of senior level experience of global logistics management.
- Recognised industry accreditation for logistics management.
- Evidence of ability to build relationships and influence at director level.
- Experience of managing international teams
- Experience of developing strong customer relationships at all levels.
- Evidence of delivery of change (process or technology or culture)
- An understanding of Quality Management Systems e.g. ISO 9001 or ISO20000
- Experience of Change Management - enabling beneficial Changes to be made, with minimum disruption to IT services
- Warehousing and inventory management across multiple geographies and locations in a environment with hundreds of thousands of inventoried items.
- Systems development experience to support logistics processes from defining requirements to implementing successful systems.
- Transport / logistics management
- Process design and implementation experience.
- Implementing and managing Supply Chain KPI's
What's on Offer
A basic salary of between Â£80,000-Â£100,000 plus additional benefits.