You are here
This position is now filled
Head of Marketing & Business Development
- Head of Business Development Required for legal firm.
- Must have held a senior role in the Professional Services sector.
About Our Client
A highly respected national law firm with multiple offices.
The Head of Business Development will provide consultative support to partners and fee earners in order to provide a detailed plan for sector growth and new client acquisition.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Developing meaningful relationships with clients and prospects that generate revenue for the firm by interacting directly with clients
- Providing targeted, one-on-one efforts to understand current and potential clients needs
- Identification of appropriate BD opportunities
- Handle responses for proposals, seeking out and generating Invitation to Tenders through contacts and website alerts
- Provide support, guidance and monitoring of a sales manager, BD Manager and executive
- Develop presentations with partners that focus on particular messages for business types or sectors
- Develop a supportive coaching role and encourage senior lawyers to set out clear targets
- Coaching and working with the best rainmaker partners on presentations and new target meetings
- Package and present our legal services and support brand proposition, leading to increased profile in our designated market sectors
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the role of Head of Business Development will have considerable experience of working in a senior level role within Professional Services Marketing and in addition will possess:
- Strong persuasion and influencing skills with the ability to command attention and influence business professionals, both internally and externally, and willing to listen, learn and develop positions, as appropriate
- Resourcefulness in analysing needs of clients, evaluating alternatives, proposing options and effective implementation of solutions for the client/prospect
- Excellent organisational skills, able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Good knowledge of targeting initiatives for both individual partners and teams
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated capability to train, lead and motivate a BD and marketing team, so must have highly developed people management skills, and ability to work well in interdepartmental teams and provide fresh and creative ideas
What's on Offer