You are here
Head of Merchandising
- Our client is a Multichannel Retialer based in West Yorkshire.
- Looking to appoint a head of B&M in to their head office team.
About Our Client
Our Client is a Multichannel Fashion business based in West Yorkshire.
The role overview:
- To work with the Senior Management team across Merchandising and Product to develop and drive the brand and business strategy across all channels both in the UK & Internationally.
- To lead and inspire high performance within the teams to drive trading and strengthen the brands position in the market.
- To manage the supply base and ensure effective distribution of stock to potentialise product performance across all channels.
- Develops strategic range planning solutions to potentialise the opportunity that cohesive co-ordinated ranges give for sales growth.
- Plans correct level of margin enhanced promotional product to minimise risk and reduce mark-down percentage
- Plan best-fit product mix by market type and channel
- Displays an in-depth, customer-focused knowledge of market and trends and channel performance.
- Develops a sound supply policy for the Brand, striving for consistent best practice partnerships. Foresees future weaknesses / needs and suggests possible solutions.
- Ensures effective distribution of stock to potentialise product performance.
- Operates an effective / timely product sign off process, appropriate for product lead-time.
The Successful Applicant
Desired Skills & Experience -
- Experience of working in a fast paced fashion retailing environment with solid merchandising experience.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, constantly evolving environment.
- Strategic Awareness & Thinking - Ability to initiate new strategic direction for business and realise the objectives. Develop new ideas, consider potential outcomes and develop action plan.
- Commerciality - skilled at finding opportunities to achieve profit in any situation, trading mentality to support and develop product areas.
- Results driven - committed to making things happen, ability to juggle initiatives and able to prioritise those that will have bigger impact on business.
- Trading mentality - Ability to work at pace, challenge results and information to drive for results.
- Problem Solving - ability to gather all key information and then use logic and creativity to propose solutions.
- Persuasion & Influence - ability to present facts, opinions and proposals persuasively to colleagues, Senior Management team and Merchandise team that instils confidence, buy in to ideas and commitment to making things happen.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + Car allowance + Bonus