You are here
Head of Merchant Sales
- Brand new role to establish new channels
- Opportunity for a National Account Manager to take ownership over Business Unit
About Our Client
My client are a market leader in the manufacture of panelling for façade cladding and interior applications. Since its founding over 50 years a go, my client has worked closely with architects, designers, installers, distributors and end users globally. My client delivers innovative aesthetically pleasing and high performance solutions for a wide range of architectural needs.
As Head of Merchant Sales, you will be tasked to set up a new division within the company. You will be focusing on the large national and independent builders' merchants, as well as other distribution outlets. This role is not for the faint hearted, and implementing and delivering a strategic approach is vital for this project to succeed.
The Successful Applicant
Critical to the success of this Head of Merchant Sales Role, will be previous experience within the Construction Industry, preferably from an facade background, with demonstrable wins within large merhcant accounts UK Wide, and a results-driven track record of developing and managing multiple stakeholders.
You must have demonstrable track record of success, will have strong negotiation skills, and a customer-focused approach with in-depth knowledge of distribution and end-user construction sales. Experience in Construction Adhesives is not essential as candidates with strong commercial acumen and/or Technical practices will positively impact this role.
You will also be:
- Proven track record in managing large, key accounts within the merchant sector
- A real sales focused business leader
- Experienced in improving sales performance and implementing change
- Demonstrable ability in analysing business performance, implementing key account growth and developing new business
- Focused on sales development, adding value and consistently high service levels
- Adept at managing complex negotiations associated with multi-channel & multi-site
- Adept at influencing internal and external decision makers at all levels, including Board
- Using innovative techniques to take new ideas to market
What's on Offer
Excellent Salary Opportunity