You are here
Head of Operations (South)
- An exciting opportunity to join an expanding business
- Multi-site and Multi-drop logistics experience required
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leaders in their specialism and is currently experiencing an exciting period of growth and change.
The Head of Operations (South) is responsible for managing the Southern depot footprint, working closely with the Depot Managers and any associated third party contract operations. This role holds P+L responsibility of £20M and oversees a multi-drop logistics offering that supplies over 2500 customers per week. As such, the role holder will be expected to contribute to the overall logistics strategy and delivery of objectives.
- Accountable for the overall delivery of the warehouse and transport logistics operation, ensuring that the warehousing and transport meet or exceed all legal compliance obligations.
- To create and sustain a safe working environments within our operations with a safety first culture.
- Accountable for the development and delivery of key performance metrics to achieve the required level of service to our customers in the most cost effective way.
- To effectively manage a P&L in the region of £20m+.
- To build and shape the resource model, enabling effective operational planning to deal with peak trade, seasonal variations and in week demand variability.
- To optimise the balance between maximising inventory service levels and minimising stock investment.
- To take the lead role, together with ownership and accountability on a national basis for key projects within the logistics arena.
- To provide key insight to the development of the logistics strategy and objectives, ensuring continuous evaluation and improvement is achieved and implemented.
- Responsible for the leadership and growth of a team of Depot Managers ensuring a proactive approach is taken to coaching and development.
- To set clear targets, measure and drive enhanced operational performance, providing regular feedback and celebrating success.
- To drive a culture of continuous improvement through the exploration of effective ways of reducing variable costs (e.g. labour, transport costs, damage, accidents, stock integrity etc.).
- To enable a culture of collaboration and teamwork, through effective relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and team members.
- Build collaborative relationships with Trade Unions (where recognised) to ensure effective communication and negotiation e.g. wage negotiations.
- Demonstrate the company values through ways of working and collaboration with colleagues.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Head of Operations (South) will be based in or around the South East and be required to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of operating within a senior Leadership role.
- Experience of managing multi-site Warehouse Operations with large workforces and P&L accountability.
- Experience of managing a multi-drop transport operation, where service is of paramount importance.
- Ability to produce clear, precise and coherent analysis and reports (e.g. Business Cases and Technical Reports).
- Experience of successfully managing projects.
- Experience of dealing with Trade Unions.
What's on Offer
A competitive basic salary and senior level package will be on offer for the successful candidate.