You are here
Head of Operations (VPO Designate)
- Rapidly growing global business
- Big investment plans for the present and the future.
About Our Client
Prima Dental Group is the fastest growing Carbide Bur manufacturer in the world, its success comes from producing the highest quality dental rotary instruments available on the market at its factory in Gloucester. Exporting to over 100 countries Worldwide within strong and growing markets in USA, Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific territories and subsidiaries in Brazil and India.
Their products are recognised as being amongst the finest quality and most innovative available, as acknowledged by various awards including a Queens Award for Enterprise in 2014
A high growth, high volume, niche engineering business, the company is investing resources to treble in size over the next four years. The focus of this four year plan is to grow their already impressive sales in the UK with turnover to rise from £16m to £20m by the end of next year. To continue to build upon their success in the developing markets of Brazil and Asia. Finally to extend their already impressive portfolio of products in line with existing and future customer needs through their world class R&D.
As the Head of Operations you will build, develop and manage a leadership team capable of carrying out needed operational strategies and employee development activities as well as driving cultural change. You will ensure the sense of belonging is maintained over the two sites (a second site is currently being developed at Waterwells).
You will be in charge of all aspects of manufacturing and will be expected to step up and represent the MD and FD when necessary. Exposing you to the wider aspects of the business thus developing your strategic thinking and business acumen.
The manufacturing process has been fundamental to the success of the company to date, but there is now a need for an individual to help transform the team to a higher level of performance in line with the wider business and its continued growth.
Through your teams you will deliver the strategic business plans and translate Prima UK goals into section and shift goals and constantly strive towards continuous improvement and operational excellence.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Manage the Prima UK manufacturing operations in accordance with corporate guidelines, policies, procedures and culture.
- Lead and oversee the fulfilment of the sites' Safety, Health and Environmental obligations within the UK in line with Prima requirements and wider UK legal requirements. To actively promote Health & Safety awareness of all other employees and contractors or third parties on the sites.
- Lead the Operations functions on site to achieve the sites goals through continuous improvement tools and ensure that all quality standards and regulatory requirements are met.
- Support the preparation and delivery of business plans in conjunction with the sales, finance and supply chain and work with the management team to ensure that staffing is appropriate to deliver agreed output.
- Work within the various departments to rationalise and harmonise products where appropriate.
- Represent the leadership vision to all site employees with communications to all levels of the business.
- Translate the strategic business plans into tactical actions, managed by appropriate measurement and accountability
- Provide leadership to achieve continuous improvements in safety, cycle times, service, quality and cost performance.
- Maintain focus on customers and ensure their needs are understood and delivered
- Manage Operations Capital Projects and Operating budgets.
The Successful Applicant
Ideally, the Head of Operations will be degree educated within a scientific, technical or manufacturing discipline and hold an additional business qualification (e.g. MBA). Alternatively you will be qualified by experience.
- You will have a proven track record of success in a similar role showing clear progression, the ability to be part of a cross functional leadership team and success in various business situations.
- You will have lead operations with a mid-sized (100+ manufacturing/operations employees) manufacturing environment.
- You will have an established and proven track record of achieving strong internal and external customer satisfaction levels supported by a metric driven continuous improvement focus in the areas of quality and on time delivery.
- A working knowledge within a manufacturing environment with a strong quality culture using quality data to deliver performance enhancements would be preferred.
What's on Offer
Job offer £70-80k plus benefits