You are here
Head of Policy & Public Affairs (Tourism
£55,000 - £60,000
- Major Tourism Body
- policy, public affairs, research, parliamentery affairs
About Our Client
Major Tourism Body
A fantastic opportunity has arisen Head of Policy & Public Affairs (Tourism). You will:
- Develop and maintain the organisations role as a trusted advisor on international tourism to Government by working across the organisation to use our expertise and analysis of the competitiveness of Britain as a tourism destination, and provide policy advice on where intervention would deliver substantial benefits to the visitor economy
- In consultation with the Tourism Alliance, trade associations, strategic partners and the private sector identify drivers and impediments affecting the competitiveness of the UK as a destination and develop a shared policy agenda to effect change.
- To write and publish policy statements, consultation reports and briefing notes
- Lead political engagement across Whitehall departments to ensure tourism is high on the agenda of Parliamentarians and policy makers and is considered in policy making, especially following the vote to leave the European Union.
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Proven track record in policy research and formulation.
- Knowledge of and demonstrable success of working in political/public affairs.
- Full understanding of the regulatory framework affecting private and public sector tourism organisations.
- Good knowledge of Scottish Parliament, Welsh Assembly, Whitehall and Westminster processes and procedures, along with a strong ability to network.
- Ability to think strategically on both competitiveness and stakeholder engagement
- Experience of/ability to delegate and manage a small team.
What's on Offer
£55,000 - £60,000 PA DOE