You are here
Head of Portfolio & Change
Head of Portfolio & Change - FTSE 100
North West based
About Our Client
FTSE 100 business, based in Manchester.
As part of an ambitious growth strategy, my Manchester based client is looking to recruit a very high calibre Head of Portfolio & Change to join the team to assist with the delivery of a large scale and complex transformation programme that will develop and modernise business operations.
Our client has embarked on a very exciting period of change, completely transforming the way the business operates. As Head of Portfolio & Change, you will be responsible for leading a multi-discipline project team and will have responsibility for prioritising a range of activities that enable the strategic agenda to be delivered.
This role is to support the CIO.
As Head of Portfolio & Change, you will:
* Build, maintain and lead a strong, effective and high performing project team, ensuring the efficient allocation of resources and skills within the programme;
* Be responsible for ensuring suitable stakeholder engagement, management and communications;
* Create an environment that is conducive to supporting the on-going development and engagement of people, including the processes and practices for managing projects;
* Create the programme plan, ensuring that core integrity is maintained as the programme develops and supporting project managers in translating requirements into delivery plans;
* Monitor and report overall progress, including managing exceptions, slippage and issues of priority and initiating corrective action, as appropriate;
* Be responsible for the formal initiation of projects with appropriate sponsorship;
* Be accountable for coordinating activities and interdependencies, managing risks and ensuring a holistic view is taken;
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in your application, you must have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to Degree level
* PRINCE II or equivalent project management methodology
* Strong track record of managing large scale and complex change portfolios, ideally within Financial Services
* Successful track record of planning and actively delivering tangible results
* Proven ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively at all levels (including Board level), including during pressured situations
* Highly driven in continuous improvement of team and services provided
* Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and coach others as well as able to work on own initiative
* Strong internal stakeholder and external supplier management expertise
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong at process management and programme governance
* Commercially astute
What's on Offer
Up to £115,000 + car allowance + bonus + benefits. This is a Manchester based role.