You are here
This position is now filled
Head of Procurement
- Lead a change management strategy
- Manage and develop a team of people
About Our Client
Based in South Yorkshire the Head of Procurement will lead a tam through change and drive commercial efficiency across a broad stakeholder group.
- The Head of Procurement based in South Yorkshire will develop commercial strategies that address the needs of the business
- Engaging with markets and suppliers at the most senior level to 'shape' market capabilities.
- Direct and assume overall responsibility and accountability for the commercial procurement activities.
- Development of a robust commercial governance regime, and assurance of expenditure through definition and management of processes, systems, risks, policies and guidance
- To deliver commercial financial savings, 'Value for Money', efficiency and economic impact targets, whilst ensuring continuity and quality of supply
- To lead and negotiate agreement of key strategic contracts.
- To contribute to strategic programme and policy making decisions by identifying and mitigating commercial risk and issues that could jeopardise performance and public perception
- To provide professional commercial guidance and input to 'supply-side' commercial issues e.g. contractual relationships with schools, voluntary organisations
- To ensure that performance and risk management systems are in place to develop, monitor, manage and evaluate performance in line with the purpose of being an "Intelligent Client"
- Through the utilisation of Best Practice, to shape and direct cultural and process change which supports improvement and delivery
The Successful Applicant
Proven change enabler
Proven commercial and procurement skills for complex high value goods and services.
Driving business direction and strategy
Leading powerfully while engaging effectively
Ability to develop and implement perceptive and innovative approaches to positive action, cohesion and develop policies and practices to combat all forms of discrimination.
What's on Offer
Â£50000 - Â£60000
Package - please call for more information