You are here
Head of Proposals
Global and Progressive Organisation
About Our Client
My clients are a global automotive focused business (not a car manufacturer) based in Warwick.
The successful candidate for the Head of Proposals will be a structured, experienced and Process Driven Bid Writer/Manager or current Head of Proposals or Bids. You be able to manage a range of bid/tending processes at anyone time and you will be responsible for managing a small team including a Bid Writer and an Estimator.
Key Responsibilities include
- Own and champion the bids process for existing business
- Lead and take ownership of the evaluation, production and delivery of expressions of interest and requests for qualification
- Review, probe and challenge bid invitations and Terms & Conditions, ensuring all risks are identified
- Work with key stakeholders to assess and anticipate client needs.
- Deliver compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer defined time frames
- Review and edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, including Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, Operations etc.
- Introduce and implement all necessary proposal procedures and processes, ensuring these are maintained and refreshed as required
- Evaluate potential projects in order to advise on decisions to tender for work
- Coordinate responses from the wider bid team and have overall responsibility for all bids submitted by the bid team
- Use project management techniques to ensure a well-planned, organised and controlled process to drive the bid forward
- Develop a solid commercial awareness to ensure a successful strategy for each proposal
- Ensure that each proposal is compelling, well written, attractive and accurate
- Ensure that customer debriefs are undertaken on all bids and that feedback is provided to the relevant parties
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have exceptional use of English and will be degree educated with ideally an English, Marketing or Business related discipline.
In addition, you will be able to use all Microsoft packages including Excel and PowerPoint to a high level.
You will come from an Automotive background.
What's on Offer
Excellent Salary and Package