You are here
Head of Public Affairs
South West London
- Unique public sector body in London
- publci affairs, parliamentery affairs, stakeholder management
About Our Client
Unique public sector body in London
A fantastic opportunity has arisen a Head of Public Affairs with a public sector organisation. You will:
- Deliver targeted engagement strategies to support specific communication objectives and Insight projects.
- Support the work of the Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (PACAC) and other Select Committee
- Develop and maintain a map of the influencers that are most important to achieving the organisations organisational objectives and develop a contact programme to ensure our relationships are strong and effective.
- Produce briefings, speeches and presentations for the Chief Executive and other senior representatives.
- Prepare senior staff for external events and meetings, including Parliamentary Committee hearings
- Lead on the gathering and analysis of political intelligence of key developments and trends within government departments, agencies and other key organisations.
- Monitor and keep abreast of all relevant actual and possible policy developments/conversations within the organisations political remit and proactively identify any regulatory/policy risks and opportunities arising from these developments and recommend/manage response
The Successful Applicant
You will: show
- Demonstrable knowledge of the legislative process including the House of Commons and House of Lords
- Understanding and experience of evaluating the impact of communication activity
- Experience of developing and implementing public affairs and stakeholder strategies - including stakeholder mapping and contact management - to meet strategic aims.
- Experience of managing communication / engagement strategies from development and planning through to delivery.
- Experience of shaping, articulating and advocating an organisation's agenda with multiple audiences.
- Experience of engaging with a range of senior stakeholders, including Parliamentarians and Governments.
What's on Offer
£50,000 + excellent benefits