You are here
Head of Strategic Procurement
Forward thinking and Dynamic Collaborative Programme
Strategic design and delivery
About Our Client
The 7 Force strategic collaboration programme was established to allow joint working amongst areas for potential collaboration to help address the efficiency of service delivery and whilst maintaining and improving the effectiveness of such service delivery in the communities of the seven police areas of the parties.
The Seven Forces include:
- Bedfordshire / Cambridgeshire / Hertfordshire
- Essex / Kent
- Norfolk / Suffolk
Through close strategic working relationships with these Forces brings economies of scale, sharing of data and best practice so that savings and deficiencies are maximised.
The new Head of Strategic Procurement will be responsible for defining, developing and implementing a single procurement strategy for the seven forces that will bring a unified approach to dealing with suppliers, a consolidated procurement and supplies provision, the alignment of infrastructure, systems and contracts and in so doing deliver significant savings to the business.
The Successful Applicant
- To succeed in this post you will be at the top of your profession with an impressive track record of achievements. You will have significant experience working in procurement at a senior management level having previously reported to or been a member of the board of directors at your previous company.
- You will be technically excellent, possessing extensive knowledge and understanding of current contract law and the application of EU Public Procurement Regulations and legislation. You must be MCIPS qualified and be used to preparing specifications and evaluating tenders, including those operating under framework arrangements and EU directives.
- Your personal skills must comprise strong negotiating, influencing and communication capabilities - we will expect to see many noteworthy successes in your previous roles involving contracts of significant value - along with robust leadership and change management ability. You will be politically and culturally astute with a natural talent for embedding these considerations in your dealings with senior stakeholders.
- Able to show sound judgement and consistent delivery over and above expectation within challenging environments you will represent the function and act as senior advisor to the seven Chief Officer teams, Police and Crime Commissioners and their Chief Executives, influencing and contributing to the strategic direction of the procurement function across the collaboration in order to ensure that the service supports the strategic plans and objectives of all seven forces.
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity to have responsibility for developing and delivering a highly successful procurement function that can truly make a difference in terms of savings and effectiveness of the seven member forces.
The location is flexible and the successful candidate can be based out of any of the seven forces locations.