You are here
Head of Tax
A newly created Head of Tax position for this exciting UK listed Plc
Based in their London headquarters of this innovative software business
About Our Client
Our client is a market leader in bespoke software for globally recognised organisations both in Commerce & Industry and FS.
Reporting to the CFO you will be taking full ownership of the group's Tax affairs globally. Given this is a newly created role they will be expecting to you to implement a robust tax function that ensures the group meets it requirements across the territories they operate in the first instance. However, the compliance and local country reporting will remain outsourced to advisors or handled by the finance teams in that location. The CFO expects the successful candidate to have a significant input the group's commercial activities from a Tax perspective. More specifically this will include:
- Managing international cross border transactions and activities
- Working closely with the business advising them on the tax implications of new business initiatives
- Fully reviewing, advising and implementing the groups position regarding IP, Patent Box and R&D credits
- Working with senior management on M&A both in terms of due diligence and then integration of successfully acquired businesses
- Reviewing the current Transfer Pricing framework and policy then establishing the best possible position for the group regarding TP
- Marshalling advisors globally driving best value and service where appropriate
- Maintaining and developing an open and effective working relationship with HRMC
- Providing the company with insight and guidance on their international tax environment
- Ad hoc projects and tasks as required
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified Tax professional ideally having qualified from one of the large accounting firms. You will have a strong international tax advisory background advising or working within Industry & Commerce rather than FS.
Our client is more than happy to consider candidates looking for their first move from the profession and feels in many ways that could be quite attractive.
However, candidates with a good body of "in house" experience already will of course be well suited to this position also.
Moreover, you will be expected to be able to demonstrate why this opportunity will be an exciting next step for you in your career whilst also being someone who will fit well into a growing, ambitious software company where good interpersonal skills will be essential to be successful.
What's on Offer
£80,000 - £90,000 plus bonus and a generous benefits package