You are here
Health and Safety Advisor - Housing Association
- The chance to work for a well-established Housing Association.
- Plenty of opportunity to progress your career.
About Our Client
This organisation run their own commercially service delivery function within the Midlands. They employ over 1,250 people and service more than 33,500 homes a year.
- Advise on safe working practices, safe systems of work and risk assessments to managers so that they are aware of their respective Health and Safety obligations in the workplace.
- To contribute to the annual work programme for the Group Health & Safety function.
- Produce audit reports on Health and Safety issues for the organisation to the Head of H&S and relevant management meetings as required.
- Identify and carry out H&S training across the organisation.
- Responsibility to ensure value for money of all goods and services.
- Regular contact with line managers and employees.
- Occasional contact with senior managers and directors.
- Occasional contact with external professional advisors, partner organisations, contractors and statutory Health and Safety agents as required to support the Group.
- Design, develop and maintain a suitable H&S audit tool for the group.
- Plan and undertake audits across the organisation and develop action plans for line managers.
- Help maintain the risk assessment register and to monitor and record the risk assessment review process whereby line managers review their risk assessments annually or following any accident or major change in working practices. Report any gaps in the risk assessment process to the relevant manager and the Head of H&S to enable improvement.
- The role will require travel to various locations.
The Successful Applicant
- The ideal candidate should come from a Housing background such as working for a housing contractor or Housing Association.
- Personable, likeable and takes a calm approach.
- Excellent non-verbal and verbal communication skills backed up with examples.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary depending upon experience.